Why should your company invest in and implement an Enterprise Architecture Software Tool?
Is your company considering an enterprise architecture software tool? If so, what are your reasons to invest in and implement a tool to define and manage enterprise architecture?
What are the drivers and imperatives that necessitate a software tool for enterprise architecture?
What software tool for enterprise architecture is right for you depends on what is the functionality you are looking for, the scope of your enterprise architecture, and whether you’ve allied tools that already do some functions like IT portfolio planning.
- Challenges in operationalizing strategy and IT enabling business functions easily.
- Lack of visibility into business and technology operations to make informed decisions
- Operations and internal processes are inefficient and cumbersome
- Company is not agile to respond quickly and proactively to changing business dynamics
- The time it takes to go to market is slow
- Adhering to regulatory mandates and internal compliance is complex, time consuming and costly
- Innovation exists only in Powerpoint decks and institutionalizing innovation and bringing it to market is extremely difficult
- There is margin compression and rising cost structures
- The stakeholder experience (customers, employees, partners and others) is subpar
- There is no holistic model that encapsulates the business organization, functions, processes and the IT landscape that supports the enterprise
- You are not putting your money where your mouth is. That is strategically important areas are not getting the funding they deserve.
- All transformation efforts are bogged down from lack of actionable information and inflexibility, redundancy and replication all over the enterprise
Which specific enterprise architecture tool to select? There are many tools to choose from to define, manage and harness the enterprise architecture functions. What software tool for enterprise architecture is right for you depends on what is the functionality you are looking for, the scope of your enterprise architecture, and whether you’ve allied tools that already do some functions like IT portfolio planning.
Here are a few of the to enterprise architecture tools that are popular among the enterprise architects and IT architects. For a detailed overview of the tools, please review Enterprise Architecture Software Tools.
https://www.capstera.com (Business architecture only tool)