Business Intelligence Transformation Strategy and Roadmap: Business Intelligence and Data Analytics are on top of the agenda for CIOs intent on harnessing the value of data in various critical business functions, ranging from driving insightful interactions with customers, to supporting strategic decision making. The CIOPages.com Business Intelligence Transformation Strategy and Roadmap is a sample deliverable to assist enterprises in planning a business intelligence project.
Why is there a need for Business Intelligence Transformation?
In many large firms, the data analytics and business intelligence environment is complicated and convoluted by the number and range of technology solutions and other feeder systems supporting new and legacy business processes and products. Consequently, not only is this technological complexity driving up the operational costs and the resources to maintain a large infrastructure footprint, but not doing its job of providing actionable intelligence.
Furthermore, the advent of new generation tools and technologies around data analysis and visualization are making business intelligence and data analytics transformation a corporate imperative.
What is the scope of and approach to Business Intelligence Transformation?
Business Intelligence Transformation Strategy and Roadmap envisages that the project would aim at optimizing the technology landscape and infrastructure and improve the efficiency of Business Intelligence operations via modernization as well as achieve standardization of technology and processes across the business intelligence operations. The proposed enterprise-wide solution would significantly strengthen the data-driven operations optimization while moderating technology costs.
The scope of the deliverable includes all the essential business intelligence needs of a large enterprise. The deliverable also provides a preliminary scan of the Business Intelligence and Data Analytics vendor landscape and technology trends to identify appropriate choice alternatives for further evaluations against the business criteria.
How will I benefit from Business Intelligence Transformation Strategy and Roadmap?
- Get a comprehensive framework on how to analyze, define, and initiate your business intelligence transformation
- Rely on a practical step-by-step project description when leading your initiative
- Define the business intelligence strategy that best fits your organization
- Present a compelling business case to top management and get your project off the ground
What does it include?
- Description of the underlying business objectives for starting the business intelligence initiative
- Project vision statement and desired outcome description
- Description of solution alternatives and decision-making criteria
- Project implementation plan and next actions
- A high-level business case summary
What does it not include?
- No primary research or original forecasts.
- No in-depth vendor evaluations or rankings.
- No quantitative business case.
Business Intelligence Transformation Strategy and Roadmap Content Outline
- Defining the purpose of the project
- Why do we need the BI initiative?
- Envisioning the desired outcome
- Where do we want to be after completing the project?
- Exploring our options
- How can we achieve the desired results?
- Defining our priorities
- What are the critical features and success factors?
- Defining next actions
- How will we get the project off the ground?
- Recommendations and best practices
- As the Business Intelligence Transformation Strategy and Roadmap is a digital product, there are absolutely NO Returns.
- Depending on your company’s particular situation, some or all the content may or may not be relevant to you.
- If you are a consultant or a consulting company, there is a different pricing, license, and terms.
- Sold on an as-is basis and without any warranties.
- This sale does not include implementation help or support. If you need professional services assistance, please contact us.
- Our terms of service bind the sale of this item.
Need Consulting or Advisory Services?
What is a CIO Pages Transformation Business Case and Roadmap?
CIOPages.com Business Intelligence Transformation Strategy and Roadmap is a sample/proforma deliverable based on a fictitious company that is representative of a large and complex enterprise.
What is the value of this deliverable?
BI Transformation is a complex and costly affair. More often than not, teams tasked with creating a business case, and a transformation roadmap has to start with a blank slate and spend a lot of time in figuring out the basics. When the team spends 100% of the time in creating the 80% general stuff, the rest of 20%, which is core and unique gets missed out. With a CIOPages sample/proforma deliverable, the ratios can flip by affording the teams to spend 20% on the 80% general stuff and 80% on the 20% items that matter!
How do I use the BI Strategy and Roadmap deliverable?
- Leverage the content outline to formulate your thoughts and ideas
- Use the content with or without modifications.
- Let the slide formats and layout help you in creating compelling and information-rich decks
- Use the content as a cross reference, validation, and a checklist.
But our Company is unique – Will it fit our needs?
Of course, each company is unique in some respects. But you’d be surprised to know that there is a lot of commonality between firms about the reasons why current state is in disarray, as well as what a potential future state might entail. So the idea is if the content in this deck helps anywhere between 25-75% of your needs, it will accelerate your time to value.
Who writes these Strategy and Roadmap deliverables?
CIOPages.com has access to a talented team of contributors and consultants who are industry practitioners and subject matter experts. Experienced consultants with expertise in BI have conceptualized and crafted the transformation strategy and roadmap.
Can you customize the deliverable to our needs?
Of course! We’d love to take the proforma/sample deliverable as a springboard and help you create a compelling deliverable that is based on your unique needs and wants.
Our typical offerings include different strokes for different folks:
- Customize the Business Case and Roadmap to your needs.
- Craft a full-fledged set of business requirements
- Conduct a vendor scan and fit-for-purpose analysis.
- Manage an RFP process and assist with vendor selection.
- Provide project/program management help for implementation