CIOPages CRM Business Requirements (or CRM Software Requirements) deliverable is a comprehensive, industry-agnostic, multi-purpose business requirements matrix. The customizable CRM Business Requirements list is a starting point for any enterprise CRM transformation, including detailed business requirements gathering and crafting a Vendor RFI/RFP. Customer relationship management transformation has emerged as a strategic imperative, given the rising customer expectations, demographic shifts, and a mobile-first world. Drafting the customer relationship management business requirements for a transformation is a time-consulting task, and the CIOPages.com CRM software requirements help jump-start the process.
What do I get?
- CRM Business Requirements is a spreadsheet with about 300 Requirements. Teams can customize the CRM requirements to an enterprise-specific needs.
- The CRM Business Requirements list is broken down into various Categories, subcategories (where necessary) and then the Business Requirements
What does the CRM Software Requirements does not include?
- CRM Business Requirements does not contain Technical, Architecture and Infrastructure Requirements
- Typical Vendor RFP questions such as Vendor profile, licensing information, etc. (CIOPages.com offers a separate Vendor RFP template as a separate deliverable.)
What are the CRM Business Requirements?
Today, the CRM (Customer Relationship Management) function has become a strategic lever for many companies, particularly in light of the rising customer expectations, mobility, and omnichannel. Reinventing CRM function and bringing it to the digital era has been the focus of many of the CRM transformation programs. Depending on the expansiveness of the CRM transformation, it may span a change in operating model, re-engineering the underlying processes, restructuring of the Customer and Sales Management services, and enhancing the customer and sales team experience. More often than not, the customer relationship management transformation includes re-platforming the CRM functions. In fact, CRM systems are first in the wave of SAAS/cloud offerings that have revolutionized the software landscape in recent years.
The traditional approach to documenting CRM business and functional requirements spans one or more of the following:
- Business analysts interviewing customer relationship and sales management SMEs (subject matter experts) to gather business needs.
- Reverse engineer key requirements from existing systems.
- Conduct vendor evaluations to learn about the state of the art in CRM software systems
- Analyze the voice of customer (internal sales team and other stakeholders) and glean insights into changes required and draft them into business requirements
Instead of weeks and months of efforts, the CIOPages.com CRM Business Requirements can help jumpstart the requirements endeavor and accelerate time to value. The CIOPages.com CRM BRD to allow CRM transformation project teams to customize the requirements to the needs of the enterprise.
The deliverable has about 300 CRM transformation requirements spanning all essential functional areas of CRM. The broad scope of sample CRM requirements list includes customer acquisition, customer management, sales process, quotation process and related fields.
What is the format of the CRM Requirements?
Each of the requirements is in the format of “The system shall…”.
If you need to translate them into Agile Stories in the traditional form: “As a <type of user>, I want <some goal> so that <some reason>,” it is easy to do reframe the requirements. Please do let us know if you need any help.
- As the CRM Business Requirements is a digital product, there are absolutely NO Returns.
- Depending on your industry, the type of sales functions, processes and practices you follow, and the scope of your transformation, some of the CRM transformation requirements may not be relevant to you.
- If you are a consultant or a consulting company, there is a different pricing, license, and terms.
- Sold on an as-is basis and with no warranties
- This sale does not include implementation help or support. If you need professional services assistance, please contact us.
- Please review our standard terms of service.
Need Consulting or Advisory Services?
Are these really “Business Requirements”?
Indeed these are REAL business needs. Experience consultants with domain expertise conceptualized and wrote the requirements. The business needs encompass all critical areas of CRM functions.
How should we use the CRM Business Requirements?
More often than not, in every significant (and sometimes medium-sized) enterprise, a cross-functional team of business/technology/architecture teams spend countless hours in conference rooms trying to whiteboard and write business requirements from scratch. The more time they devote to the core and standard needs, the more likely they will miss out on something unique and relevant to the firm. Instead, using CIOPages CRM systems transformation business requirements, you can focus on what’s different and unique about your situation. That is the deliverables enables you to spend 90% of your time on the 10% of the requirements that matter. And only 10% of your time on the 90% of elements that are table stakes. Furthermore, today’s CRM SAAS solutions are highly configurable, and hence having a well-thought-out CRM requirements matrix will help baseline what you need.
But, our Company is Unique – will it fit us?
Of course, you are unique but not as unique as a unicorn!
We understand and acknowledge each company is slightly different regarding some capabilities as well as how they work. However, while there may be divergence at the edges, there is a lot of convergence at the core of most firms. You need to get various raw materials, goods and input services to create value-added products and services your customers demand. The differences may be in the relative emphasis of a few of the critical processes and absence or presence of specific requirements and workflows based on your unique needs.
Last but not the least, we don’t expect our CRM Business Requirements (or any other matrix/template, in fact) to fit you 100%. We hope you to take this set of requirements as a straw model or a base set of needs, and use it as a springboard to achieve the level customization and specificity in business requirements you desire.
If you need professional services help to tailor the requirements to your needs and capture your firm’s unique essence, we can help. Contact Us for Advisory Service details.
But, we have a CRM Business Requirements Matrix already?
Well, in that case, either you can go with it, or if you need to validate and cross-reference, you will still find our business requirements matrix valuable. After all, the price is less than the one-hour of time spent on the combined brainpower assembled in the room.
What is my ROI?
The Value of Time Spent:
- A Product Manager
- Business Analysts
- CRM Functional Experts – 2 or 3 to represent the broad spectrum of areas.
You can multiply the average hourly cost of the team and the hours spent, and you’ll get the picture.
In addition to the time spent and the associated costs of drafting routine requirements, you also have to consider the opportunity cost.
By quickly adding/deleting/modifying the base set of requirements, it will allow you the luxury of spending the balance of your quality time in conceptualizing and crafting the unique and specific Business Requirements, which capture the core essence of your company and its Sales and Customer practices, principles, and perspectives.
Of course, let’s not forget the “Day Job” each of the SMEs (subject matter experts) could be doing.
Instead of spending countless hours stretched across weeks or months, you can have a baseline of requirements in a couple of sittings. That helps you expedite and accelerate the transformation.