CRM Transformation Training Plan: CRM Systems implementation is a major transformation in any large enterprise with consequential Training and Change Management needs. This CIOPages.com CRM Transformation Training plan is a sample/proforma training program that can be customized to your company‘s needs.
What is CRM Transformation Training Plan?
- CRM Transformation Training Plan is a power point presentation with ten pages of information rich content
- Topics that range from:
- CRM Transformation Training goals and objectives
- The CRM Training philosophy
- The key audiences and stakeholders for CRM Training
- Training tools and techniques
- Role-based Curriculum topics
- A Notional calendar
- As the CRM Transformation Training Program is a digital product, there are absolutely NO Returns.
- Depending on your industry, the type of solution you are implementing, and the training needs, some or all of the content may not be relevant to you.
- If you are a consultant or a consulting company, there is a different pricing, license, and terms.
- Sold on an as-is basis and no warranties
- This sale does not include implementation help or support. If you need professional services assistance, please contact us.
- Please review our standard terms of service
Why buy this deliverable from you?
An excellent question. The answer is to a) Get ideas b) Save time and c) Not be dependent on an expensive consulting firm or a vendor.
How is this deliverable useful to us?
While planning for a major systems transformation, training is one of the last things on the Transformation Project team’s minds and is an afterthought. The L&D (Learning and Development) professionals can coordinate and marshal the training programs, but they are not necessarily the subject matter experts. The CIOPages Training plan is a starting point or a springboard to developing your training plan.
But, our Company is Unique – will it fit us?
Of course, you are unique, but not as unique as a unicorn!
We understand and acknowledge each company is slightly different, but in the end, major horizontal functional area systems are based on industry standards with the ability to configure workflows. Similarly, if anywhere between 50%-80% of the content is useful, you’d benefit quite a bit.
What is my ROI?
Consider the following four factors:
The Value of the Time Spent:
The time it will take your project team to build a training plan from scratch
Imagine if all the team members who are time constrained could do if they had an extra few hours?
Time to Value:
Instead of starting from scratch, a well-conceived train plan can help you to finish the task quickly.
Focus on 20% that matters:
We all can stipulate to the 80-20 rule. Imagine if you can take say 50-80% of the base content and can customize the rest! That quality time can produce a lot of innovative ideas and opportunities that you might miss if you are focused on the entire enchilada.
And regarding cost, it is far less than what it will take to buy lunch and cookies for the project team to brainstorm training topics.