Customer Management Business Requirements, a CIOPages.com accelerator, is a comprehensive, industry-agnostic, multi-purpose business requirements list. The client management business requirements is a starting point for any enterprise Customer Management tool or process (Support, Service, Help Desk, Case Management) transformation, including detailed business requirements gathering, and crafting a Vendor RFI/RFP.
What do I get?
- A spreadsheet which contains about ~200 customer management business requirements. Customizing these functional requirements is easy.
- The customer management business requirements is broken down into various categories, subcategories (where necessary) and then the business requirements
What do I not get?
- Technical, Architecture and Infrastructure Requirements
- Typical Vendor RFP questions such as Vendor profile, licensing information, etc. (CIOPages.com offers a separate Vendor RFP template as a separate deliverable.)
What are Customer Management Business Requirements?
As we mentioned, there are about 200 business requirements that cover all key functional areas of Customer Support, Service, Case Management, etc.
What is the format Customer Management Business Requirements?
The Customer Management Business Requirements include a category, and sometimes a subcategory, and then the actual needs framed as what the system must do. Converting this into other formats, such as agile stories, will be relatively straightforward. If you require help, please contact us. Or check out how to write better requirements.
- As the Customer Management Business Requirements is a digital product, there are absolutely NO Returns.
- Depending on your industry, the type of Customer management functions, processes and practices you follow, and the scope of your transformation, some of the requirements may not be relevant to you.
- If you are a consultant or a consulting company, there is a different pricing, license, and terms.
- Sold on an as-is basis and no warranties
- This sale does not include implementation help or support. If you need professional services assistance, please contact us.
- Please review our standard terms of service.
Need Consulting or Advisory Services?
Are these really “Business Requirements”?
Indeed these are REAL business requirements. Consultants with domain expertise and experience conceptualize and write the customer management business requirements. The requirements encompass all key areas of Customer Management (lifecycle management, support, service, help desk) and related functions.
How should we use the Customer Management Business Requirements?
More often than not, in every large (and sometimes medium-sized) enterprise, a cross-functional team of business/technology/architecture teams spend countless hours in conference rooms trying to whiteboard and write business requirements from scratch. The more time they devote to core and standard requirements, the more likely they will miss out on something unique, accurate and relevant to the firm. Instead, using CIOPages Customer Management business requirements, you can focus on what’s different and unique about your situation. You can spend 90% of your time on the 10% of the requirements that matter. And only 10% of your time on the 90% of needs that are table stakes.
But, our Company is Unique – will it fit us?
Of course, you are unique but not as unique as a unicorn!
We understand and acknowledge each company is slightly different regarding some capabilities as well as how they work. However, while there may be divergence at the edges, there is a lot of convergence at the core between most firms. The differences will be in the relative emphasis on critical processes and absence or presence of specific requirements and workflows based on your unique needs.
Last but not the least, we don’t expect our Customer Management Business Requirements (or any other matrix/template, in fact) to fit you 100%. We expect you to take this set of the needs as a straw model or a base set of requirements, and use it as a springboard to achieve the level customization and specificity in business requirements you desire.
If you need professional services help to tailor the requirements to your needs and capture your firm’s unique essence, we can help. Contact Us for Advisory Service details.
But, we have a Business Requirements Matrix already?
Well, in that case, either you can go with it, or if you need to validate and cross-reference, you will still find our customer management business requirements matrix valuable. After all, the price is less than the one-hour of time spent on the combined brain power assembled in the room.
What is my ROI?
The Value of Time Spent:
Typically, it takes a team of 5-7 associates to draft the set of business requirements.
- A Product Manager
- Business Analysts
- Functional Experts – 2 or 3 to represent the broad spectrum of customer management functional areas.
You can multiply the average hourly cost of the team and the hours spent, and you’ll get the picture.
In addition to the time spent and the associated costs of drafting routine requirements, you also have to consider the opportunity cost.
By quickly adding/deleting/modifying the base set of requirements, it will allow you the luxury of spending the balance of your quality time in conceptualizing and crafting the unique and specific customer management business requirements.
Of course, let’s not forget the “Day Job” each of the SMEs (subject matter experts) could be doing.
Instead of spending countless hours stretched across weeks or months, you can have a baseline of requirements in a couple of sittings. That helps you expedite and accelerate the transformation.