Devops Playbook for CIOs: DevOps has been positioned as a panacea to long release cycles and is becoming popular across enterprise IT. DevOps Playbook is a concept briefing that outlines the new paradigm of DevOps, including case studies and a playbook for DevOps implementation in companies with complex IT landscapes.
Why should CIOs and Technology Leaders care about DevOps?
Speed and agility are always a challenge in large firms with complex IT landscapes. DevOps could help alleviate some of the challenges in developing software and putting it to work for the realization of business goals.
With all the hype and hoopla surrounding DevOps, it is important to gain a deeper understanding, a realistic perspective, and leading practices so as to make the DevOps practice a net value add.
The DevOps Playbook will provide a comprehensive and in-depth coverage, as well as a nuanced perspective of the state-of-the-art of the DevOps field.
What are the Benefits of DevOps?
- Customer satisfaction improvements
- Service quality improvements
- Reliability of IT service delivery
- Frictionless collaboration between development and ops teams
- Increases Velocity
- Visibility into end-to-end IT processes (Design, Buy/Build/Integrate, Deploy and Run) And much more.
What is Devops Playbook for CIOs?
- A summary of key factors that are influencing the changing IT landscape.
- An introduction to DevOps as a new paradigm in IT Management that builds on previous concepts and systems.
- Essential tools, KPIs, and vendors that help organizations implement DevOps.
- A guide for applying the DevOps philosophy in your organization.
- Explanations for how DevOps can function side-by-side with other leading practices in IT Management, like ITIL.
What does it not include?
- No primary research or original forecasts.
- No in-depth vendor evaluations or rankings.
How will I benefit from DevOps Playbook for CIOs?
- A historical perspective of how IT landscape has been changing and the state of things that led to DevOps principles and practices
- Understand the underlying beliefs and components of the DevOps philosophy.
- Use the presentation as a validation step to understanding how other companies have benefitted from DevOps and how to implement it in your organization.
Devops Playbook for CIOs: Content Outline
- The IT Landscape is Changing
- Developers vs. IT Operations
- Introduction to DevOps
- Definition of DevOps
- History of DevOps
- Philosophy of DevOps
- Benefits of DevOps
- Key DevOps Tools
- Key DevOps KPIs
- Calculating the ROI of DevOps
- DevOps Case Studies
- Nationwide Insurance
- IBM Watson
- Fidelity Investments Worldwide
- DevOps is the Next Step for IT Departments
- DevOps: Hype vs. Reality
- Implementing DevOps
- Setting DevOps Up for Success
- Crawl, Walk, Run”
- Using DevOps With ITIL
- Change Management
- Release Management
- Incident Management
- Knowledge Management
- As the DevOps Playbook Concept Briefing is a digital product, there are absolutely NO Returns.
- Depending on your industry, the complexity of your IT landscape, and the level of technology enablement, some or all of the content may or may not be relevant to you.
- If you are a consultant or a consulting company, there is a different pricing, license, and terms.
- Sold on an as-is basis and without any warranties.
- This sale does not include implementation help or support. If you need professional services assistance, please contact us.
- Our terms of service bind the sale of this item.
Need Consulting or Advisory Services
What is Devops Playbook for CIOs?
CIOPages.com Concept Briefing is an in-depth and multi-dimensional perspective on a topic of interest to business and technology leaders. The content is less of esoteric theory and more focused on making it an actionable advisory briefing
How is it different than a Research Brief?
More often than not, the Research Briefs are an introduction to a concept, a forecast of where things are going, an analysis of the market structure, or an evaluation of the vendor landscape. A CIOPages.com Concept Brief is a result of secondary research and a synthesis and an encapsulation of current thought leadership from across the board to help business and technology leaders get a unified and holistic picture of a topic area with an action orientation.
How do I use a Concept Brief?
- Gain an in-depth understanding of a topic or evolve your current thinking
- Use some or all slides into your internal presentations
- Incorporate ideas and innovations into your projects
Why should I pay when this information is available for free?
Of course, if you search far and wide, the Internet abounds with information. But it takes a lot of time to separate the wheat from the chafe and differentiate the signal from the noise. For executives that don’t have time, the value of the information and knowledge far exceeds the fee for a briefing.
Who writes these Concept Briefs?
CIOPages.com has access to a talented team of contributors and consultants who are industry practitioners and subject matter experts. Based on our understanding of the market and the voice of our customers, we commission specific topics that have resonance.
Will you do custom research for us?
It depends on various factors, including whether our team of contributors/consultants can add value and provide the depth and breadth necessary. Please contact us to discuss your needs.
What type of Professional Services do you offer?
Our typical offerings include different strokes for different folks:
- Lunch and Learn Sessions
- Concept Exploration Workshops
- Custom Research and Industry Use Cases and Applications
- Current State Assessments
- Implementation Roadmaps
- Vendor RFP Development and Management