Finance Transformation Project Plan is a sample list of customizable project planning items. The Accounting and Finance Transformation Project Plan will help any firm embarking on an enterprise-wide finance and accounting transformation and can be modified to meet your company’s unique needs, processes and methodologies.
What is Finance Transformation Project Plan?
- The deliverable is a spreadsheet that contains ~200 rows of customizable Project Plan items.
- The Sample Project Plan for Finance and Accounting System implementation focuses primarily on business activities, but also includes high-level technical project details.
What do I not get?
- The Accounting and Finance Transformation Project Plan is a flat structure without dependencies, timelines and resource loading. The expectation is those items shall be done by your teams, or with the assistance of our professional services.
What does Finance Transformation Project Plan include?
There are about 150 rows of project plan activities and milestones. The broad scope of the Sample Project Plan Items includes:
- Go Live
Finance and Accounting Project Plan is an Excel spreadsheet with an indented list of project planning activities, tasks, and milestones in a flat structure. You may import these into a traditional project planning software as a CSV file; or add items like start and end dates, dependencies and resources in the Excel file itself.
- As the Accounting and Finance Transformation Project Plan is a digital product, there are absolutely NO Returns.
- Depending on your industry, the type of project planning and practices you follow, and the scope of your transformation, some of the plan items may not be relevant to you.
- If you are a consultant or a consulting company, there is a different pricing, license, and terms.
- Sold on an as-is basis and with no warranties
- This sale does not include implementation help or support. If you need professional services assistance, please contact us.
- Please review our standard terms of service.
Need Consulting or Advisory Services?
Is this really a “Project Plan”?
Indeed the project plan items are real, necessary and valid. What the sample project plan rows represent are raw “activities” and “milestones.” To convert them into a real project plan, you will still need to assign start and finish dates, mark dependencies, estimate effort, and align resources. That is when “Sample” project plan with a list of “items” will become an actual project plan.
How should we use the deliverable?
For accounting and finance transformation to succeed, a project plan is a key ingredient. More often than not, in every large (and sometimes medium-sized) enterprise, a cross-functional team of business/technology/architecture teams spend countless hours in conference rooms trying to whiteboard and write project plan items from scratch. The more time they spend on basic and obvious planning things, the more likely they will miss out on something unique and relevant to the project. Instead, using our Finance and Accounting Software Implementation Project Plan, you can focus on what’s different and unique about your situation. That is spending 90% of your time on the 10% of the Finance and Accounting Project Plan components that matter. And only 10% of your time on the 90% of planning items that are table stakes.
But, our Company is Unique – will it fit us?
Of course, you are unique but not as unique as a unicorn!
We understand and acknowledge each company is slightly different regarding some project planning approaches and methodologies. However, while there may be divergence at the edges, there is a lot of convergence at the core between most firms. At the end of the day, you conceptualize, plan, define, design, develop, deploy and run your systems – the differences may be in the relative emphasis on the critical processes as well as the development methodologies and project planning frameworks.
Last but not the least, we don’t expect our Sample Project Plan list of items deliverable (or any other sample deliverable, in fact) to fit you 100%. We expect you to take this set of project planning issues as a straw model or a base set of project needs, and use them as a springboard to achieving the level customization and specificity in a project plan you desire.
If you need professional services help to tailor the requirements to your needs and capture your firm’s unique essence, we can help. Contact Us for Advisory Service details.
But, what if we have a Project Plan already?
Well, in that case, either you can go with it, or if you need to validate and cross-reference, you will still find our Project Plan items valuable. After all, the price is less than the one-hour of time spent on the combined brain power assembled in the room.
What is my ROI?
The Value of Time Spent:
- Project Managers
- Business Analysts
- Functional Experts – 2 or 3 to represent the broad spectrum of areas.
You can multiply the average hourly cost of the team and the hours spent, and you’ll get the picture.
In addition to the time spent and the associated costs of drafting routine project planning items, you also have to consider the opportunity cost.
By quickly adding/deleting/modifying the base set of requirements, it will allow you the luxury of spending the balance of your quality time in conceptualizing and crafting the unique and particular project planning items, which capture the core essence of your company and its finance and accounting operations.
Instead of spending countless hours stretched across weeks or months, you can have a baseline of project plan items in a couple of sittings. That helps you expedite and accelerate the transformation.