Accounting and Finance Transformation Strategy and Roadmap: Finance and Accounting Systems transformation is an important and invasive endeavor, as finance and accounting functions are a core foundation of the value and viability of an enterprise. The Finance and Accounting system transformation can be consequential, complex and cumbersome. The CIOPages.com Finance and Accounting Transformation Business Case and Roadmap is a proforma deliverable customizable to the specific needs of any company.
Why is there a need for Finance and Accounting Systems Transformation?
The current state of Finance and Accounting (F&A) systems in many large firms is complicated and convoluted by the number and range of technology solutions and other feeder systems supporting new and legacy business processes. Consequently, this technological complexity will drive up the operational costs and the required resources to maintain a large infrastructure footprint and a patchwork of systems. Furthermore, the current interface complexity and architectural limitations may not lend itself well to the future growth aspirations of any enterprise.
Last but not the least, the advent of new generation cloud-based SAAS (Software-as-a-Service) offerings in Finance and Accounting space – covering every facet of Finance and Accounting capabilities imaginable – are making F&A transformation a corporate imperative.
What is Accounting and Finance Transformation Strategy and Roadmap?
The Finance Transformation Strategy and Roadmap envisages that the transformation project would aim at simplifying and modernizing Finance and Accounting systems and solutions to help improve the efficiency of finance and accounting operations. The proposed enterprise-wide solution would significantly strengthen the transparency, accuracy, and timeliness of finance and accounting services while moderating technology costs.
The scope of the deliverable includes all the Finance and Accounting processes spanning Strategic Planning, Budgeting, Forecasting, Performance Management, General Ledger, Financial Reporting, Tax, and Treasury, among others. The deliverable also provides a preliminary scan of the Finance and Accounting vendor landscape and technology trends to identify appropriate choice alternatives for further evaluations against the business criteria.
The key guiding principles in developing the Finance Transformation Strategy and Roadmap is to enable a systematic convergence of efforts across process, people, and technology. On this basis, the F&A Transformation is a business imperative which is expected to create a greater return on investment.
- The Finance Transformation Strategy and Roadmap is a power point deck presented in the voice of a large Global 2000 firm.
- The content is both in-depth and broad with ~30 well structured and information-rich slides, which you can reuse with or without modifications.
What does it not include?
- No primary research or original forecasts.
- No in-depth vendor evaluations or rankings.
- No quantitative business case.
Finance Transformation Strategy and Roadmap: Content Outline
- Transformation imperatives – Why we should change the Finance and Accounting Systems
- The future state vision of Finance and Accounting functions
- Gaps between current & future state
- Alternative Approaches to Transformation of Finance and Accounting
- The Transformation Roadmap
- Transformed Finance Function – What it means for the business
- As the Accounting and Finance Transformation Strategy and Roadmap is a digital product, there are absolutely NO Returns.
- Depending on your industry, the type of Finance and Accounting needs you’ve, some or all of the content may or may not be relevant to you.
- If you are a consultant or a consulting company, there is a different pricing, license, and terms.
- Sold on an as-is basis and without any warranties.
- This sale does not include implementation help or support. If you need professional services assistance, please contact us.
- Our terms of service bind the sale of this item.
Need Consulting or Advisory Services
What is a Finance Strategy, Business case, and Transformation Roadmap?
CIOPages.com Finance and Accounting Transformation – Sample Business Case and Roadmap is created as a sample/proforma deliverable based on a fictitious company that is representative of a large and complex enterprise.
What is the value of this deliverable?
More often than not, teams tasked with creating a business case, and a transformation roadmap has to start with a blank slate and spend a lot of time in figuring out the basics. When the team spends 100% of the time in creating the 80% general stuff, the 20% which is core and unique is often than not missed out. With a CIOPages sample/proforma deliverable, the ratios flip by affording the teams to spend 20% on the 80% general stuff and 80% on the 20% items that matter!
How do I use Finance and Accounting Transformation – Sample Business Case and Roadmap?
- Leverage the content outline to formulate your thoughts and ideas
- Use the content with or without modifications.
- Let the slide formats and layout help you in creating compelling and content-rich decks
- Use the content as a cross reference, validation, and a checklist.
But our Company is unique. Will it fit our needs?
Of course, each company is unique in some respects. But you’d be surprised to know that there is a lot of commonality between firms about the reasons why current state is broken, as well as what a potential future state might entail. So the idea is if the content in this deck helps anywhere between 50-75% of your needs, it will accelerate your time to value.
Who writes these Transformation Business Case and Roadmaps?
CIOPages.com has access to a talented team of contributors and consultants who are industry practitioners and subject matter experts. Finance transformation experts have conceptualized and created the Accounting and Finance Strategy, Business Case, and Transformation Roadmap deliverable.
Can you customize the deliverable to our needs?
Of course! We’d love to take the proforma/sample deliverable as a springboard and help you create a concise and compelling deliverable that is based on your unique needs and wants.
Our typical offerings include different strokes for different folks: