CIOPages.com Human Resources Value Streams and Processes deliverable captures the “How” of an end-to-end activity in the Human Resources functional area. For example, Requisition to Hire, or Hire to Retire. These HR Value Streams offer a structural basis to map and define/redefine a stakeholder experience and IT enable the process efficiently and optimally.
What do I get?
- Human Resources Value Streams and Processes deliverable include Level 1 and Level 2 Value Streams, some of which are supported by Process Maps.
- The Value Streams and Processes are in PowerPoint format for ease of consumption
What does it not include?
- There are no Visio or equivalent diagrams
- The deliverable does not follow any structured modeling language such as UML etc.
Which HR Value Streams are a part of this deliverable?
|Hiring and Recruiting Strategy||Prospects to Recruitment||Applicant to Selection||Hiring to Onboarding|
|Hiring and Recruiting Reports|
- As the CIOPages.com Human Resources Value Streams and Processes is a digital product, there are absolutely NO Returns.
- Depending on your industry, the type of HR processes and practices you follow, some of the Value Streams may not be relevant to you.
- If you are a consultant or a consulting company, there is a different pricing, license, and terms.
- Sold on an as-is basis and no warranties
- This sale does not include implementation help or support. If you need professional services assistance, please contact us.
- Please review our standard terms of service
What are Value Streams?
Business Architecture Value Streams are an end-to-end flow of activities depicted from a stakeholder perspective. Value Streams are the second pillar, alongside Business Capabilities, in the business architecture realm. In essence, if Capabilities are the “What,” the Value Streams are the “How.”
How should I use Human Resources Value Streams and Processes?
- Leverage the value streams to figure out how an enterprise delivers value to a stakeholder.
- Identify the Flow and Value of a particular stream of activities and re-engineer for enhancing the experience and increasing the value of the outcomes.
- Mapping Value Stream stages to Capabilities, and to Applications/Services, helps understand the footprint and coverage of information technology that underpins the value streams and capabilities
- Analyzing the Value Streams and then juxtaposing with Customer Journey Maps and Personas enables in optimizing the omnichannel experience.
But, our Company is unique – will it fit us?
Of course, every business is slightly different regarding how some Value Streams work. However, while there may be divergence at the edges, there is a lot of convergence at the core between most firms. At the end of the day, you need to prospect, recruit, hire, pay, manage and grow your employees – the differences may be in the relative emphasis on the key value streams and absence or presence of specific capabilities and competencies based on your unique needs.
Last but not the least, we don’t expect our HR Value Stream Model (or any other model in fact) to fit you 100%. We expect you to take this as a straw model or a base and a springboard to achieve the level customization and specificity you desire.
What is my ROI?
The Value of Time Spent:
Typically, it takes a team of 5-7 to conceptualize and compose a Value Stream Model
- HR Product Manager
- Business Architect and Process Architect
- Enterprise Architect
- Human Resource Functional Experts – 2 or 3 to represent the broad spectrum of HR functional areas.
Now you can multiply the average hourly cost of the team and the hours spent, and you’ll get the story.
In addition to the time spent and the associated costs of drafting routine Value Streams, you also have an opportunity cost.
By quickly adding/deleting/modifying the base set of Value Streams, it will allow you the luxury of spending the balance of your quality time in conceptualizing and crafting the unique and specific and unique aspects of your value streams, which capture the core essence of your company and its HR practices, principles and perspectives.
Of course, let’s not forget the “Day Job” each of the SMEs (subject matter experts) could be doing.
Instead of spending countless hours stretched across weeks or months, you can have a baseline of Value Streams in a couple of sittings. That helps you expedite and accelerate the transformation.