If your supply chain function is in throes of change, you will need a supply chain capabilities model to anchor your supply chain transformation.
Seven reasons your company needs a Supply Chain Capabilities Model:
- Regulations, competition, and expectations from the Supply Chain function are higher than ever before, particularly in the era of omnichannel commerce. So, to excel in this era of mega shifts, a supply chain business capabilities map will help in getting your arms around what supply chain does.
- A supply chain capabilities model can help in translating the supply chain strategy into action.
- Based on capability prioritization and importance, budgets can be allocated to where supply chain can move the needle for the enterprise.
- We are in the era of a real time enterprise. To foster a real time enterprise, supply chain function needs to perform the request to fulfillment and procure to pay functions expeditiously and support both supply and demand decision making. Knowing what capabilities need to be real time or near real time will allow adequate technology enablement and process improvements.
- Business and technology do not speak the same language. A supply chain business capability map can be the common lingua franca.
- Supply chain transformation projects without a capability model as a foundation tend to veer toward a bunch of projects with a disparate set of requirements. A capability-based transformation roadmap helps provide the guard rails and guideposts for the implementation.
- A supply chain capability model helps in conducting a capability-based vendor evaluation for the supply chain and procurement functions.
Do you have a supply chain business capability map? How else have you used it in your supply chain transformation and optimization?
If you need a pre-built, customizable supply chain capabilities model, please consider CIOPages.com accounting and supply chain business capability model. If you need help customizing the capability map, please contact CIOPages.com consulting services.