BI Transformation Process (or Business Intelligence Transformation Process) is an encapsulation of the depth and breadth of effort required to transform Data Analytics and BI functions to excel in the digital age to support business decisions and transform the company into a data-driven intelligent enterprise.
The BI Transformation process is complicated, arduous, and costly. All the steps in the BI transformation process are necessary, and not doing some or not doing well can lead to the collapse of the program and have long-term adverse consequences.
The BI transformation process is complex, arduous, and costly.
A list of some of the critical steps that if not done or done wrong can exacerbate the failure risks are as follows:
a) Not understanding the BI value streams well and how the experience of these value streams needs to reshape in the future. b) Lack of a detailed BI business capability model. c) BI technology has become a critical success factor in transforming the BI function, particularly the new wave of cloud-based BI technology platforms. Selecting a BI software platform that does not meet the needs will lead to failure. Moreover, d) Underinvestment into change management and adoption is another issue that afflicts major BI transformation programs.
BI Transformation Process Steps:
The Key Steps in the BI Transformation Process:
• Identify BI Transformation Drivers
• Conduct Current State Assessment of BI
• Develop BI Transformation Preliminary Business Case
• Adopt a BI Transformation Framework
• Launch the BI Transformation Work Streams and Projects
• Envision the Future State BI Operating Model
• Create a BI Capability Model
• Decompose BI Value Streams
• Define preliminary target state conceptual architecture
• Craft a capability-based Transformation Roadmap
• Develop BI Transformation Detailed Business Case
• Evaluate and Select Consulting Partners
• Assess and select BI Software platforms (if applicable)
• Evaluate and select BI Business Outsourcing partners (if applicable)
• Launch BI Transformation Implementation Work Streams and Projects
• Adopt and Implement a Change Management Plan (Communications, Training, Adoption)
• Project Governance and Risk Management
• Deployment and Rollout