Consumer Retailer Business Information Model
$199 – $599
The Consumer Retailer Business Information Model is a comprehensive business data listing in a typical consumer retail company. The Consumer Retailer Business Information Model comprises subject areas and data entities organized into Foundational, Transactional, and Informational categories. (You can consider it a data dictionary/data glossary or a business data model.)
The Consumer Retailer Business Information Model is not a full-fledged data model in the conventional data modeling sense as it lacks relationship mapping and all the attributes.
However, it is a well-crafted business data dictionary/glossary organized into logical categories. As each enterprise is different, our business information model artifacts are a starting point for accelerating time to value. It helps business architecture and data teams avoid starting from scratch.
Instead, with a prebuilt and industry-specific business information model, business and data architects can quickly customize it to their unique needs and reduce painstaking whiteboarding sessions.
(Note: As the business information model is a digital deliverable, we do not accept returns or issue refunds. Please read the full product description and our terms before purchasing.)
Consumer Retailer Business Information Model Deliverables:
- The Consumer Retail industry-specific Business Information (Subject Areas and Data Entities) is categorized into Foundational, Transactional, and Informational categories. Each Data Entity features a short description.
- Bonus: A Handy eBook on Business Information Modeling encompassing creating an information model and leveraging it in enterprise transformation.
- Business Information Model Overview
- A business information model is a business-friendly encapsulation of an organization’s data and is an essential part of business architecture. Cross-mapping business data with business capabilities, value streams, and systems/applications provides insights into data that powers and realizes the core components of business architecture. As one of the core elements of business architecture, it aids in transformation planning by providing a clear image of the current data structure, facilitating a smoother transition to a new operational state.
- Data Categories
- Business and data architects classify business data into foundational, transactional, and informational categories. Foundational data outlines primary entities (e.g., customers, employees, products), while transactional data emerge from daily operations like sales or interactions. Informational data, the processed and analyzed form of the former two, provides insights and supports decision-making.
- Subject Areas and Data Entities
- The business data model further clarifies by defining subject areas and data entities. Subject areas are broad categories grouping related data (e.g., ‘customer data’), whereas data entities are specific data pieces within these areas (e.g., ‘customer name’). Defining these enhances understanding and simplifies data management and transformation planning.
- Implications for Business Facets
- The business information model offers value for various business aspects. It provides a holistic view of the data landscape from a business architecture perspective, enabling process design, redesign, and capability enablement. Process optimization identifies data flow bottlenecks, redundant processes, and potential automation points. Capability enablement means realizing capabilities through technology, people, process, and data. For transformation planning, it helps design the desired future state, while in data management, it aids in maintaining data integrity and designing databases. In analytics, it forms the basis for deriving meaningful insights.
- Comparison with Other Data Models
- While a business information model provides an overview of the data structure within an enterprise, other data models like conceptual, logical, physical, hierarchical, network, entity-relationship, and relational models delve into data structure specifics. Our business data model does not claim to be such an in-depth deliverable, or there is no relationship mapping. The business data model focuses on the ‘what’ and ‘why’ of data in a business context, laying the groundwork for other models, which focus on the ‘how’ of data storage and manipulation.
- A well-designed business information model is a strategic tool supporting business architecture, transformation planning, and decision-making. Organizations can optimize processes, plan transformations, manage data effectively, and derive valuable insights by defining and categorizing data.
The Consumer Retailer Business Information Model deliverable results from the combined efforts of our business and data architects based on several consulting engagements. Please purchase it and customize it to your company’s needs.
- We sell digital products, so there are no returns, refunds, or replacements. Therefore, please read the product description carefully before making a purchasing decision.
- A generic business information model may or may not fit your needs, or the content relevance will vary substantially.
- They are sold on an as-is basis and without any implied or explicit warranties.
- Consultants and firms wanting to use it for their clients have a different pricing model.
- The sale is for digital products only and does not include customization or implementation help.
- Please review our standard terms of service.
Consumer Retailer Business Information Model
$199 – $599
We keep the licensing options – clean and straightforward.
Individual License: Where we offer an individual license, you can use the deliverable for personal use. You pay only once for using the deliverable forever. You are entitled any new updates within 12 months.
Enterprise License: If you are representing a company, irrespective of size, and intend to use the deliverables as a part of your enterprise transformation, the enterprise license is applicable in your situation. You pay only once for using the deliverable forever. You are entitled any new updates within 12 months.
Consultancy License: A consulting or professional services or IT services company that intends to use the deliverables for their client work need to pay the consultancy license fee. You pay only once for using the deliverable forever. You are entitled any new updates within 12 months.
Can I see a Sample Deliverable?
We are sorry, but we cannot send or show sample deliverables. There are two reasons: A) The deliverables are our intellectual property, and we cannot share the same. B) While you may be a genuine buyer, our experience in the past has not been great with too many browsers and not many buyers. We believe the depth of the information in the product description and the snippets we provide are sufficient to understand the scope and quality of our products.
When can I access my deliverables?
We process each transaction manually and hence, processing a deliverable may take anywhere from a few minutes to up to a day. The reason is to ensure appropriate licensing and also validating the deliverables.
Where can I access my deliverables?
Your best bet is to log in to the portal and download the products from the included links. The links do not expire.
Are there any restrictions on Downloads?
Yes. You can only download the products three times. We believe that is sufficient for any genuine usage situation. Of course, once you download, you can save electronic copies to your computer or a cloud drive.
Can I share or sell the deliverables with anyone?
You can share the deliverables within a company for proper use. You cannot share the deliverables outside your company. Selling or giving away free is prohibited, as well.
Can we talk to you on the phone?
Not generally. Compared to our professional services fee, the price of our products is a fraction of what we charge for custom work. Hence, our business model does not support pre-sales support.
Do you offer orientation or support to understand and use your deliverables?
Yes, for a separate fee. You can hire our consultants for remote help and in some cases for onsite assistance. Please Contact Us.