IT strategy for the Digital Age – A Briefing and Playbook
$49.00 – $299.00
IT Strategy for the Digital Age – A Briefing and Playbook: A concept presentation that outlines the changing business and IT landscape and provides a framework on how IT Strategy must also change to match these realities, and includes a playbook on how to craft a compelling IT Strategy and Plan.
Why is there a need for a new type of IT Strategy?
Traditionally, Information Technology is considered a “Can’t live without it! Can’t live with it” proposition. Now, with the advent of a wave of new technologies, robust tools, and practical methodologies, the role of IT has undergone a revolution. Today, the role is IT is a strategic partner, a catalyst for technology-driven business innovation, and an enabler of new business models. Hence, CIOs have to formulate an IT strategy that is in tune with the new realities.
What are catalysts and accelerators changing how IT operates?
The megatrends and paradigm shifts that have changed the role of IT are too numerous to list, and the impact is too difficult to quantify. Technologies spanning social, mobile, analytics, cloud, IoT (Internet of things) have had a significant impact on companies new and old, and big and small. Methodologies like DevOps have blurred the lines between development and deployment. Concepts like APIs, Containers, As-a-Service offerings have made IT shed a lot of the old baggage.
What is the coverage of IT Strategy for the Digital Age Concept Briefing and Playbook?
- A summary of key internal and external drivers influencing the change, including the changing IT landscape, changes in business strategy, and transformation imperatives.
- A review of where IT currently succeeds and falls short in serving business needs, and how IT can once again become a catalyst.
- A future-state vision for IT, including the essential IT Strategy tools and frameworks to achieve this vision.
- A sample IT Strategy Roadmap, including a step-by-step guide for how to approach each key component in the structure.
What does it include?
- IT Strategy for the Digital Age – A Briefing and Playbook includes ~70 information rich power point slides
- A broad overview of the IT strategy imperatives and practical ways to incorporate ideas into your IT Strategy.
What does it not include?
- No primary research or original forecasts.
- No in-depth vendor evaluations or rankings.
- No quantitative business case.
How will the IT Strategy for Digital Age Briefing and Playbook benefit me?
- Helps technology leaders understand the key factors underlying the need for a change in IT Strategy.
- Compares the current assessment of the general IT department to your organization to identify where changes occur
- Helps utilize the IT Strategy approach as a basis for your own organization’s IT Strategy deliverable including using slides and content that fits you and modifying the other portions to make it real and relevant to your firm’s profile.
IT Strategy for the Digital Age – A Briefing and Playbook: Content Outline
- IT, Historically Speaking
- The IT Landscape is Changing
- IT Transformation Imperatives
- Business Strategy is Changing
- Where IT Succeeds
- Where IT Falls Short
- IT is Slowly Adapting to Changes
- Current State of IT Strategy
- The Future State of IT
- Future-State IT Vision
- Planning IT Strategy
- As the IT Strategy for the Digital Age – Briefing and Playbook is a digital product, there are absolutely NO Returns.
- Depending on your industry, the level of importance of information technology, and the state of IT, some or all the content may not be relevant to you.
- If you are a consultant or a consulting company, there is a different pricing, license, and terms.
- Sold on an as-is basis and without any warranties.
- This sale does not include implementation help or support. If you need professional services assistance, please contact us.
- Our terms of service bind the sale of this item.
Need Consulting or Advisory Services?
What is IT Strategy for the Digital Age – A Briefing and Playbook?
CIOPages.com Concept Briefing and Playbook is an in-depth and multi-dimensional perspective on a topic of interest to business and technology leaders. The content is less of esoteric theory and more focused on making it an actionable advisory briefing
How is it different than a Research Brief?
More often than not, the Research Briefs are an introduction to a concept, a forecast of where things are going, an analysis of the market structure, or an evaluation of the vendor landscape. A CIOPages.com Concept Brief is a result of secondary research and a synthesis and an encapsulation of current thought leadership from across the board to help business and technology leaders get a unified and holistic picture of a topic area with an action orientation.
How do I use IT strategy for the Digital Age – A Briefing and Playbook?
- Gain an in-depth understanding of a topic or evolve your current thinking
- Use some or all slides into your internal presentations
- Incorporate ideas and innovations into your projects
Why should I pay when this information is available for Free?
Of course, if you search far and wide, the Internet abounds with information. But it takes a lot of time to separate the wheat from the chafe and differentiate the signal from the noise. For executives that don’t have time, the value of the information and knowledge far exceeds the fee for a briefing.
Who writes these Concept Briefs?
CIOPages.com has access to a talented team of contributors and consultants who are industry practitioners and subject matter experts. Based on our understanding of the market and the voice of our customers, we commission specific topics that have resonance.
Will you do custom research for us?
It depends on various factors, including whether our team of contributors/consultants can add value and provide necessary depth and breadth for a topic. Please contact us to discuss your needs.
What type of Professional Services do you offer?
Our typical offerings include different strokes for different folks:
- Lunch and Learn Sessions
- Concept Exploration Workshops
- Strategy Development
- Current State Audits
- Implementation Roadmaps
- Vendor RFP Development and Management
Contact us. For more details on our Offerings
IT strategy for the Digital Age – A Briefing and Playbook
$49.00 – $299.00
We keep the licensing options – clean and straightforward.
Individual License: Where we offer an individual license, you can use the deliverable for personal use. You pay only once for using the deliverable forever. You are entitled any new updates within 12 months.
Enterprise License: If you are representing a company, irrespective of size, and intend to use the deliverables as a part of your enterprise transformation, the enterprise license is applicable in your situation. You pay only once for using the deliverable forever. You are entitled any new updates within 12 months.
Consultancy License: A consulting or professional services or IT services company that intends to use the deliverables for their client work need to pay the consultancy license fee. You pay only once for using the deliverable forever. You are entitled any new updates within 12 months.
Can I see a Sample Deliverable?
We are sorry, but we cannot send or show sample deliverables. There are two reasons: A) The deliverables are our intellectual property, and we cannot share the same. B) While you may be a genuine buyer, our experience in the past has not been great with too many browsers and not many buyers. We believe the depth of the information in the product description and the snippets we provide are sufficient to understand the scope and quality of our products.
When can I access my deliverables?
We process each transaction manually and hence, processing a deliverable may take anywhere from a few minutes to up to a day. The reason is to ensure appropriate licensing and also validating the deliverables.
Where can I access my deliverables?
Your best bet is to log in to the portal and download the products from the included links. The links do not expire.
Are there any restrictions on Downloads?
Yes. You can only download the products three times. We believe that is sufficient for any genuine usage situation. Of course, once you download, you can save electronic copies to your computer or a cloud drive.
Can I share or sell the deliverables with anyone?
You can share the deliverables within a company for proper use. You cannot share the deliverables outside your company. Selling or giving away free is prohibited, as well.
Can we talk to you on the phone?
Not generally. Compared to our professional services fee, the price of our products is a fraction of what we charge for custom work. Hence, our business model does not support pre-sales support.
Do you offer orientation or support to understand and use your deliverables?
Yes, for a separate fee. You can hire our consultants for remote help and in some cases for onsite assistance. Please Contact Us.