Marketing Value Streams
$299 – $799
CIOPages.com Marketing Value Streams deliverable captures the critical end-to-end flows in the marketing function from a stakeholder perspective. The marketing value streams offer a structural foundation to map and define/redefine a stakeholder experience and technology enable a core process efficiently and optimally. The value streams are a business architecture deliverable useful in representing the “How” to complement the “What” (a Marketing capability).
What does the Marketing Value Streams deliverable include?
- Marketing Value Streams deliverable includes Level 1 and Level 2 activity flows.
- Each marketing value stream represents an activity flow to accomplish a goal/objective from a stakeholders’ perspective.
- The marketing value streams are in PowerPoint format for ease of consumption.
What it is not and does not include?
- The Marketing Value Stream maps do not include Visio or equivalent diagrams.
- The deliverable does not follow any structured modeling language or notation such as UML or BPMN.
- The value streams are higher-level flows and do not include detailed process maps
- The marketing value streams represented in this deliverable are not the Lean value stream mapping to reduce process inefficiencies
- The marketing value streams do not include the Sales and Customer Relationship Management Value Streams.
Which Marketing Value Streams are a part of this deliverable?
- Market Research to Insight
- Market Needs to Product Opportunities
- Audience to Segmentation
- Product Offering to Value Proposition
- Product Value to Pricing Strategy
- Product Vision to Marketing Plan
- Prospect to Lead
- Content and Collateral
- Creative Development
- Media Management
How do we use Marketing Value Streams?
A marketing value stream helps document an end-to-end flow delivering a business outcome to a stakeholder. Today, in an era where customer experience is a paramount consideration, a value stream diagram can help distill the flow action-oriented steps. (Customer could mean any of the stakeholders including prospects, clients, employees, suppliers, and partners.)
Whereas a process map delves into intricate detail, a value stream is at a higher level abstraction.
There are several use cases for value streams.
- A value stream can be a proxy for business and technology to be on the same page with regards to how a stakeholder value flow works and value is delivered.
- A value stream may be translated into a customer journey map with additional details about feelings and emotions in each stage.
- A value stream, when juxtaposed against capabilities, can provide visibility into the intersection of the what and the how. Similarly, processes pegged to various stages/steps of a value stream could drill down into that one click below details.
- Value streams are an integral part of the business architecture and the yang to the yin of business capabilities.
- As the CIOPages.com Marketing Value Streams Model is a digital product, there are absolutely NO Returns.
- Depending on your industry, the marketing processes and practices you follow, some of the value streams may not be relevant to you.
- If you are a consultant or a consulting company, there is a different pricing, license, and terms.
- Sold on an as-is basis and without any warranties.
- This sale does not include implementation help or support. If you need professional services assistance, please contact us.
- Please review our standard terms of service.
Need Consulting or Advisory Services
What are Value Streams?
Business Architecture Value Streams are an end-to-end flow of activities depicted from a stakeholder perspective. Value Streams are the second pillar, alongside Business Capabilities, in the business architecture realm. In essence, if Capabilities are the “What,” the Value Streams are the “How.”
How should I use Marketing Value Streams?
- Leverage the value streams to figure out how an enterprise delivers value to a stakeholder or a specific activity.
- Identify the Flow and Value of a particular stream of activities and re-engineer the process for enhancing the experience and increasing the value of the outcomes.
- Mapping Value Stream stages to Capabilities and Applications/Services help architects understand the footprint and coverage of information technology that underpins the value streams and capabilities
- Analyzing the Value Streams and then juxtaposing with Customer Journey Maps and Personas helps in optimizing the omnichannel experience.
However, our Company is Unique – will it fit us?
Of course, each company is slightly different regarding how some Value Streams work. However, while there may be divergence at the edges, there is much convergence at the core of most firms. You need to research markets, develop offerings, segment markets, price products, and leverage channels – the differences may be in the relative emphasis on the critical value streams and absence or presence of specific capabilities and competencies based on your unique needs.
Last but not the least, we do not expect our Value Stream Model (or any other model in fact) to fit you 100%. We hope you to take this as a straw model or a base and a springboard to achieve the level customization and specificity you desire.
What is my ROI?
The Value of Time Spent:
Typically, it takes a team of 5-7 to conceptualize and compose Marketing Value Streams:
- A Product Manager
- Business Architect and Process Architect
- Enterprise Architect
- Marketing Functional Experts – 2 or 3 to represent the broad spectrum of marketing areas.
Now you can multiply the average hourly cost of the team and the hours spent, and you will get the story.
In addition to the time spent and the associated costs of drafting routine Value Streams, you also have an opportunity cost. By quickly adding/deleting/modifying the base set of Value Streams will allow you the luxury of spending the balance of your quality time in conceptualizing and crafting the unique value streams. These delta value streams should capture the essence of your company and its practices, principles, and perspectives. Of course, let’s not forget the “Day Job” each of the SMEs (subject matter experts) could be doing.
Instead of spending countless hours stretched across weeks or months, you can have a baseline of Value Streams in a couple of sittings. That helps you expedite and accelerate the transformation.
Marketing Value Streams
$299 – $799
We keep the licensing options – clean and straightforward.
Individual License: Where we offer an individual license, you can use the deliverable for personal use. You pay only once for using the deliverable forever. You are entitled any new updates within 12 months.
Enterprise License: If you are representing a company, irrespective of size, and intend to use the deliverables as a part of your enterprise transformation, the enterprise license is applicable in your situation. You pay only once for using the deliverable forever. You are entitled any new updates within 12 months.
Consultancy License: A consulting or professional services or IT services company that intends to use the deliverables for their client work need to pay the consultancy license fee. You pay only once for using the deliverable forever. You are entitled any new updates within 12 months.
Can I see a Sample Deliverable?
We are sorry, but we cannot send or show sample deliverables. There are two reasons: A) The deliverables are our intellectual property, and we cannot share the same. B) While you may be a genuine buyer, our experience in the past has not been great with too many browsers and not many buyers. We believe the depth of the information in the product description and the snippets we provide are sufficient to understand the scope and quality of our products.
When can I access my deliverables?
We process each transaction manually and hence, processing a deliverable may take anywhere from a few minutes to up to a day. The reason is to ensure appropriate licensing and also validating the deliverables.
Where can I access my deliverables?
Your best bet is to log in to the portal and download the products from the included links. The links do not expire.
Are there any restrictions on Downloads?
Yes. You can only download the products three times. We believe that is sufficient for any genuine usage situation. Of course, once you download, you can save electronic copies to your computer or a cloud drive.
Can I share or sell the deliverables with anyone?
You can share the deliverables within a company for proper use. You cannot share the deliverables outside your company. Selling or giving away free is prohibited, as well.
Can we talk to you on the phone?
Not generally. Compared to our professional services fee, the price of our products is a fraction of what we charge for custom work. Hence, our business model does not support pre-sales support.
Do you offer orientation or support to understand and use your deliverables?
Yes, for a separate fee. You can hire our consultants for remote help and in some cases for onsite assistance. Please Contact Us.