Oil and Gas Company Value Streams
$299 – $899
The Oil and Gas Company Value Streams comprise all the major value streams typical in an oil and gas producer and distributor. The Oil and Gas Company Value Streams are an essential and integral part of business architecture, and instead of starting from scratch, our pre-built deliverable jumpstarts the process, accelerating time to value. However, as each company has unique processes – with dozens of variations – our deliverable is a springboard, not a fully baked, customized consulting deliverable.
(As the Oil and Gas Company Value Streams is a digital deliverable, we do not accept returns or issue refunds. Please read the product description carefully before purchasing.)
Oil and Gas Company Value Streams Deliverable:
- A set of 20 value streams detailed the primary and supporting activities of the value chain. The value streams are decomposed into one step of high-level detail.
- Bonus: A Guide to Value Streams.
Enterprise and Business Architects can use the Oil and Gas Company value streams as a straw model and customize them to the needs of their enterprise.
(Note: While we reference business capabilities, journey maps, and process maps, please realize that this product pertains to only the value streams. We offer other products which span business capabilities. Furthermore, the value streams are in simple PowerPoint format and are editable.)
Oil and Gas Company Value Streams:
Value Streams in business architecture symbolize the sequence of activities that deliver a product or service, creating value for the customer. They present a comprehensive, end-to-end perspective on work processes, extending from the initial customer interaction to the final product or service delivery. This broad perspective allows Value Streams to shed light on how an organization meets its strategic objectives and caters to customer needs.
The relationship between Business Capabilities and Value Streams in business architecture reflects the Yin and Yang principle. Business Capabilities outline what an organization can do, encapsulating the necessary skills, technologies, and resources required to implement its strategy. Conversely, Value Streams depict how these capabilities are harnessed to generate customer value. Essentially, while Business Capabilities represent potential, Value Streams transform this potential into action. They create a comprehensive view of an organization, supporting strategic decision-making and alignment with overarching goals.
Value Streams are particularly significant for an Oil and Gas company. These companies navigate intricate, interconnected processes spanning numerous departments and stakeholders. Value Streams offer a holistic, unobstructed view of these processes, enabling the identification and resolution of inefficiencies, bottlenecks, or gaps. Ensuring every activity contributes to the value delivered to the end customer minimizes waste and maximizes productivity.
Oil and Gas companies can utilize Value Streams in several areas. In exploration and production, Value Stream Mapping can pinpoint areas for improvement to optimize resource extraction. It can also identify non-value-adding activities in the refining process, such as unnecessary movements or extended waiting times. Within supply chain management, Value Stream Mapping can help reduce lead times, optimize logistics, and decrease inventory costs. For customer service, Value Streams can enhance process efficiency, leading to more effective handling of customer complaints or queries.
Furthermore, Value Streams lay a solid foundation for documenting detailed process maps and customer journey maps. Process maps offer a granular view of individual operations, ensuring alignment with the broader Value Stream to prevent department inefficiencies or communication breakdowns. Similarly, customer journey maps, which trace a customer’s interactions with the organization, can align with Value Streams. This ensures that every customer touchpoint contributes to the overall value, enhancing the customer experience. Thus, Value Streams are indispensable, empowering organizations to deliver value efficiently and effectively.
The Value Streams are a result of several consulting engagements at reputed enterprises. While they are practical and based on real-life scenarios, each organization is different with divergent processes, and hence you will need to customize them to your company’s unique needs.
How to Use Value Streams Deliverables:
- We strive to provide a generic and representative straw model Value Streams typical to an industry. However, as each firm differs, the specific steps in a value stream may vary – sometimes marginally and sometimes substantially. Business architects and process experts must use the deliverable as a springboard and customize it to each company’s unique needs.
- After tailoring the value streams to reflect the internal reality of your business flows, business architects can leverage the value streams to cross-map with business capabilities, detailed process maps, customer journey maps, and other artifacts to glean insight and understand the footprint and relationships between these entities.
- The value streams can be a basis for detailing the processes with additional information (actors, actions, data, systems, etc.) and crafting customer journey maps.
- We sell digital products, so there are no returns, refunds, or replacements. Therefore, please read the product description carefully before making a purchasing decision.
- A generic set of Value Streams may or may not fit your needs, or the content relevance will vary substantially.
- Sold on an as-is basis and without any implied or explicit warranties.
- Consultants and firms wanting to use it for their clients have a different pricing model.
- The sale is for digital products only and does not include customization or implementation help.
- Please review our standard terms of service.
Oil and Gas Company Value Streams
$299 – $899