Software Company Value Streams
$299 – $899
The Software Company Value Streams comprise all the major value streams typical in a software company. The Software Company Value Streams are an essential and integral part of business architecture, and instead of starting from scratch, our pre-built deliverable jumpstarts the process, accelerating time to value. However, as each company has unique processes – with dozens of variations – our deliverable is a springboard, not a fully baked, customized consulting deliverable.
(As the Software Company Value Streams is a digital deliverable, we do not accept returns or issue refunds. Please read the product description carefully before purchasing.)
Software Company Value Streams Deliverable:
- A set of 31 value streams detailed the primary and supporting activities of the value chain. The value streams are decomposed into one step of high-level detail.
- Bonus: A Guide to Value Streams.
Enterprise and Business Architects can use the Software Company value streams as a straw model and customize them to the needs of their enterprise.
(Note: While we reference business capabilities, journey maps, and process maps, please realize that this product pertains to only the value streams. We offer other products which span business capabilities. Furthermore, the value streams are in simple PowerPoint format and are editable.)
Software Company Value Streams:
Value Streams, within the realm of business architecture, represent the sequential activities that produce a product or service, delivering value to the customer. They offer an end-to-end view of work processes, beginning with the initial customer interaction and culminating with the final product or service delivery. This comprehensive perspective highlights how an organization achieves its strategic objectives and meets customer needs.
Business architecture’s relationship between Business Capabilities and Value Streams mirrors the Yin and Yang concept. Business Capabilities define what an organization can do, integrating the necessary skills, technologies, and resources required to execute its strategy. On the other hand, Value Streams showcase how these capabilities are harnessed to generate customer value. While Business Capabilities capture potential, Value Streams transform this potential into action. Together, they provide a holistic view of an organization, facilitating strategic decision-making and alignment with broader goals.
Value Streams are crucial for a Software Company. These firms navigate complex, interconnected processes involving various departments and stakeholders. Value Streams deliver a comprehensive, clear view of these processes, enabling the identification and resolution of inefficiencies, bottlenecks, or gaps. By ensuring that every activity contributes to the value delivered to the end customer, waste is minimized, and productivity is maximized.
Software Firms can harness Value Streams in several ways. In product development, Value Stream Mapping can identify areas for improvement to expedite software creation and deployment. It can also help identify non-value-adding activities in the process, such as redundant testing or approval waiting times. Value Streams can enhance process efficiency in customer service, leading to more effective handling of customer complaints or queries. Value Streams can identify ways to streamline the sales funnel for marketing and sales, enhancing customer conversion and retention.
Moreover, Value Streams lays a robust foundation for documenting detailed process and customer journey maps. Process maps offer a granular view of individual operations, ensuring alignment with the broader Value Stream to prevent department inefficiencies or miscommunications. Simultaneously, customer journey maps, which track a customer’s interactions with the organization, can align with Value Streams. This ensures that every customer touchpoint contributes to the overall value, enhancing the customer experience. Therefore, Value Streams are an indispensable tool, enabling organizations to deliver value efficiently and effectively.
The Value Streams are a result of several consulting engagements at reputed enterprises. While they are practical and based on real-life scenarios, each organization is different with divergent processes, and hence you will need to customize them to your company’s unique needs.
How to Use Value Streams Deliverables:
- We strive to provide a generic and representative straw model Value Streams typical to an industry. However, as each firm differs, the specific steps in a value stream may vary – sometimes marginally and sometimes substantially. Business architects and process experts must use the deliverable as a springboard and customize it to each company’s unique needs.
- After tailoring the value streams to reflect the internal reality of your business flows, business architects can leverage the value streams to cross-map with business capabilities, detailed process maps, customer journey maps, and other artifacts to glean insight and understand the footprint and relationships between these entities.
- The value streams can be a basis for detailing the processes with additional information (actors, actions, data, systems, etc.) and crafting customer journey maps.
- We sell digital products, so there are no returns, refunds, or replacements. Therefore, please read the product description carefully before making a purchasing decision.
- A generic set of Value Streams may or may not fit your needs, or the content relevance will vary substantially.
- Sold on an as-is basis and without any implied or explicit warranties.
- Consultants and firms wanting to use it for their clients have a different pricing model.
- The sale is for digital products only and does not include customization or implementation help.
- Please review our standard terms of service.
Software Company Value Streams
$299 – $899