Asset Management Value Streams
$299 – $899
The Asset Management Value Streams comprise all the major value streams typical in an asset management firm. The Asset Management Value Streams are an essential and integral part of business architecture, and instead of starting from scratch, our pre-built deliverable jumpstarts the process, accelerating time to value.
(As the Asset Management Value Streams is a digital deliverable, we do not accept returns or issue refunds. Please read the product description carefully before purchasing.)
Asset Management Value Streams Deliverables:
- A set of 60 value streams detailed the primary and supporting activities of the value chain. The value streams are decomposed into one step of high-level detail.
- Bonus: A Guide to Value Streams.
Asset Management Value Streams:
Value Streams, in the realm of business architecture, represent the series of activities a business undertakes to deliver a product or service to its customers. They focus on the flow of value from the initial trigger of demand to the ultimate fulfillment of a customer’s need. Value Streams are sequenced, end-to-end, cross-functional processes that provide a broad view of how work gets done in the organization, helping leaders visualize the flow of value and optimize business performance.
Business Capabilities and Value Streams are akin to the Yin and Yang of business architecture, each balancing and complementing the other. Business Capabilities define what a business does, representing its potential or capacity to perform its functions. On the other hand, Value Streams represent how a business delivers value to customers, mapping out the operational steps taken to create, sell, and provide goods or services. Together, they form a holistic view of the business: capabilities provide the stable backbone, while value streams offer the dynamic, customer-centric perspective.
In the Asset/Investment Management industry, Value Streams are crucial for a multitude of reasons. They aid in understanding and improving complex processes like portfolio management, asset allocation, and customer servicing. By mapping out these intricate processes, firms can identify bottlenecks, redundancies, or areas of inefficiency and thus improve service delivery, reduce costs, and enhance investor satisfaction.
Asset Management firms can leverage Value Streams in numerous scenarios. For instance, in process optimization, a Value Stream map can help pinpoint areas of inefficiency in transaction processing or client onboarding. The firm can then initiate process improvements to increase productivity and reduce errors. In strategy development, Value Streams can highlight dependencies between capabilities and processes, guiding decisions about where to invest resources. In risk management, Value Streams help identify operational risks and dependencies, thus enabling more effective mitigation strategies.
Furthermore, Value Streams are the foundation for documenting detailed process maps and customer journey maps. Process maps are an extension of Value Streams, taking a more granular approach to delineate each step in a process. In contrast, customer journey maps illustrate how customers interact with the business over time. By starting with Value Streams, businesses can first establish the overall flow of value and then drill down to specifics. This layered approach provides a comprehensive understanding of the business from an operational and a customer perspective, ensuring a balanced focus on efficiency and customer experience.
Complemented by Business Capabilities, Value Streams play a crucial role in understanding and enhancing business operations. In Asset Management, they help optimize complex processes, guide strategic decisions, and manage operational risks. Additionally, they serve as a foundation for creating detailed process and customer journey maps, ensuring a comprehensive view of the business.
How to Use Value Streams Deliverables:
- We strive to provide a generic and representative straw model Value Streams typical to an industry. However, as each firm differs, the specific steps in a value stream may vary – sometimes marginally and sometimes substantially. Business architects and process experts must use the deliverable as a springboard and customize it to each company’s unique needs.
- After tailoring the value streams to reflect the internal reality of your business flows, business architects can leverage the value streams to cross-map with business capabilities, detailed process maps, customer journey maps, and other artifacts to glean insight and understand the footprint and relationships between these entities.
- The value streams can be a basis for detailing the processes with additional information (actors, actions, data, systems, etc.) and crafting customer journey maps.
- We sell digital products, so there are no returns, refunds, or replacements. Therefore, please read the product description carefully before making a purchasing decision.
- A generic set of Value Streams may or may not fit your needs, or the content relevance will vary substantially.
- Sold on an as-is basis and without any implied or explicit warranties.
- Consultants and firms wanting to use it for their clients have a different pricing model.
- The sale is for digital products only and does not include customization or implementation help.
- Please review our standard terms of service.
Asset Management Value Streams
$299 – $899