Investment Bank Value Streams
$299 – $899
The Investment Bank Value Streams comprise all the major value streams typical in an Investment Bank firm. The Investment Bank Value Streams are an essential and integral part of business architecture, and instead of starting from scratch, our pre-built deliverable jumpstarts the process, accelerating time to value.
(As the Investment Bank Value Streams is a digital deliverable, we do not accept returns or issue refunds. Please read the product description carefully before purchasing.)
Investment Bank Value Streams Deliverable:
- A set of 37 value streams detailed the primary and supporting activities of the value chain. The value streams are decomposed into one step of high-level detail.
- Bonus: A Guide to Value Streams.
Enterprise and Business Architects can use the Investment Bank value streams as a springboard and customize them to the needs of their enterprise.
(Note: While we reference business capabilities, journey maps, and process maps, please realize that this product pertains to only the value streams. We offer other products which span business capabilities. Furthermore, the value streams are in simple PowerPoint format and are editable.)
Investment Bank Value Streams:
Value Streams, in business architecture, are defined as the series of activities that a business undertakes to deliver a valuable product or service to its customers. Originating from lean thinking, this concept enables visualization and optimization of the flow of information, materials, and services from the initial request to final delivery. Value Streams provide a comprehensive view of business operations, focusing on how value is created across the organization while minimizing waste.
Business Capabilities and Value Streams function as the Yin and Yang of business architecture. Business Capabilities represent the “what” – an organization’s inherent abilities to execute its mission. They’re stable, strategic constructs that define the organization’s potential. On the other hand, Value Streams represent the “how” – they depict how an organization employs its capabilities to deliver value to its customers. Together, they offer a complete understanding of the business, blending the static (capabilities) with the dynamic (value streams) and marrying strategic intentions with operational realities.
Value Streams are paramount in the Investment Bank industry due to its complex and highly regulated nature. They allow investment banks to understand and visualize the flow of value from client onboarding to deal execution and post-deal services. This holistic perspective identifies inefficiencies, duplication, and delays, improving transaction speed, reducing operational risks, and enhancing client satisfaction.
Investment banks can leverage Value Streams in numerous ways. They can be used to design and optimize critical processes such as client onboarding, deal origination, risk assessment, and transaction execution. For instance, by mapping the ‘Deal Origination’ value stream, banks can pinpoint low-value steps such as redundant approval processes and strive to streamline or eliminate them. Additionally, they can provide valuable insights for strategic decision-making, such as understanding the impact of new regulations or technologies on existing value streams and designing new value streams for innovative services.
Finally, Value Streams also serve as the foundation for creating detailed process maps and client journey maps. Starting with a high-level value stream, business architects can drill down into more granular process maps, outlining the detailed steps, roles, systems, and data involved in each activity of the value stream. Similarly, client journey maps can be developed by overlaying the client’s interactions and experiences onto the value stream. This approach ensures that process and client journey maps align with the overall flow of value, providing a consistent and integrated view of the business.
Our consultants and business architects with years of experience in business architecture, process consulting, and transformation strategy created the business architecture value streams. Use it as a starting point to customize them to your enterprise needs.
How to Use Value Streams Deliverables:
- We strive to provide a generic and representative straw model Value Streams typical to an industry. However, as each firm differs, the specific steps in a value stream may vary – sometimes marginally and sometimes substantially. Business architects and process experts must use the deliverable as a springboard and customize it to each company’s unique needs.
- After tailoring the value streams to reflect the internal reality of your business flows, business architects can leverage the value streams to cross-map with business capabilities, detailed process maps, customer journey maps, and other artifacts to glean insight and understand the footprint and relationships between these entities.
- The value streams can be a basis for detailing the processes with additional information (actors, actions, data, systems, etc.) and crafting customer journey maps.
- We sell digital products, so there are no returns, refunds, or replacements. Therefore, please read the product description carefully before making a purchasing decision.
- A generic set of Value Streams may or may not fit your needs, or the content relevance will vary substantially.
- Sold on an as-is basis and without any implied or explicit warranties.
- Consultants and firms wanting to use it for their clients have a different pricing model.
- The sale is for digital products only and does not include customization or implementation help.
- Please review our standard terms of service.
Investment Bank Value Streams
$299 – $899