Pharmaceutical Company Value Streams
$299 – $899
The Pharmaceutical Company Value Streams comprise all the major value streams typical in a pharma company. The Pharmaceutical Company Value Streams are an essential and integral part of business architecture, and instead of starting from scratch, our pre-built deliverable jumpstarts the process, accelerating time to value. However, as each company has unique processes – with dozens of variations – our deliverable is a springboard, not a fully baked, customized consulting deliverable.
(As the Pharmaceutical Company Value Streams is a digital deliverable, we do not accept returns or issue refunds. Please read the product description carefully before purchasing.)
Pharmaceutical Company Value Streams Deliverable:
- A set of 22 value streams detailed the primary and supporting activities of the value chain. The value streams are decomposed into one step of high-level detail.
- Bonus: A Guide to Value Streams.
Enterprise and Business Architects can use the Pharmaceutical Company value streams as a straw model and customize them to the needs of their enterprise.
(Note: While we reference business capabilities, journey maps, and process maps, please realize that this product pertains to only the value streams. We offer other products which span business capabilities. Furthermore, the value streams are in simple PowerPoint format and are editable.)
Pharmaceutical Company Value Streams:
Value Streams, in the context of business architecture, represent the sequence of activities that deliver a product or service to a customer, creating value. They offer a comprehensive, end-to-end view of work processes, from initial customer interaction to final product or service delivery. This overarching perspective illuminates how an organization fulfills its strategic objectives and addresses customer needs.
Business architecture’s dynamic between Business Capabilities and Value Streams mirrors the Yin and Yang concept. Business Capabilities encapsulate what an organization can do, combining the essential skills, technologies, and resources needed to execute its strategy. Conversely, Value Streams illustrate how these capabilities are coordinated to generate customer value. While Business Capabilities present the potential, Value Streams translate this potential into action. Together, they provide a holistic understanding of an organization, facilitating strategic decision-making and alignment with strategic objectives.
Value Streams are critical for a Pharmaceutical company. These companies navigate complex, interconnected processes involving multiple departments and stakeholders. Value Streams present a comprehensive, panoramic view of these processes, enabling the identification and rectification of inefficiencies, bottlenecks, or gaps. By ensuring every activity contributes to the value delivered to the end customer, waste is minimized, and productivity is enhanced.
Pharmaceutical companies can harness Value Streams in various ways. In research and development, Value Stream Mapping can highlight areas for enhancement, accelerating drug discovery. It can also help identify non-value-adding activities in the manufacturing process, such as unnecessary rework or approval wait times. In supply chain management, Value Stream Mapping can assist in reducing lead times, optimizing logistics, and minimizing inventory costs. Value Streams can streamline complaint handling or query resolution processes for customer service, thereby improving customer satisfaction.
Additionally, Value Streams lay a strong foundation for documenting detailed process maps and customer journey maps. Process maps provide a granular view of individual operations, ensuring alignment with the broader Value Stream and helping prevent process inefficiencies or miscommunications between departments. Simultaneously, customer journey maps, which trace a customer’s interactions with the organization, can align with Value Streams. This ensures every customer touchpoint contributes to the overall value, enhancing the customer experience. Therefore, Value Streams are invaluable, enabling organizations to efficiently and effectively deliver value.
The Value Streams are a result of several consulting engagements at reputed enterprises. While they are practical and based on real-life scenarios, each organization is different with divergent processes, and hence you will need to customize them to your company’s unique needs.
How to Use Value Streams Deliverables:
- We strive to provide a generic and representative straw model Value Streams typical to an industry. However, as each firm differs, the specific steps in a value stream may vary – sometimes marginally and sometimes substantially. Business architects and process experts must use the deliverable as a springboard and customize it to each company’s unique needs.
- After tailoring the value streams to reflect the internal reality of your business flows, business architects can leverage the value streams to cross-map with business capabilities, detailed process maps, customer journey maps, and other artifacts to glean insight and understand the footprint and relationships between these entities.
- The value streams can be a basis for detailing the processes with additional information (actors, actions, data, systems, etc.) and crafting customer journey maps.
- We sell digital products, so there are no returns, refunds, or replacements. Therefore, please read the product description carefully before making a purchasing decision.
- A generic set of Value Streams may or may not fit your needs, or the content relevance will vary substantially.
- Sold on an as-is basis and without any implied or explicit warranties.
- Consultants and firms wanting to use it for their clients have a different pricing model.
- The sale is for digital products only and does not include customization or implementation help.
- Please review our standard terms of service.
Pharmaceutical Company Value Streams
$299 – $899