Payments Company Value Streams
$299 – $899
The Payments Company Value Streams comprise all the major value streams typical in a Payments firm. The Payments Company Value Streams are an essential and integral part of business architecture, and instead of starting from scratch, our pre-built deliverable jumpstarts the process, accelerating time to value.
(As the Payments company Value Streams is a digital deliverable, we do not accept returns or issue refunds. Please read the product description carefully before purchasing.)
Payments company Value Streams Deliverable:
- A set of 24 value streams detailed the primary and supporting activities of the value chain. The value streams are decomposed into one step of high-level detail.
- Bonus: A Guide to Value Streams.
Enterprise and Business Architects can use the Payments company value streams as a springboard and customize them to the needs of their enterprise.
(Note: While we reference business capabilities, journey maps, and process maps, please realize that this product pertains to only the value streams. We offer other products which span business capabilities. Furthermore, the value streams are in simple PowerPoint format and are editable.)
Payments company Value Streams:
In business architecture, Value Streams are an organization’s sequential set of activities to deliver a beneficial product or service to its customers. This concept, stemming from lean thinking, enables visualization and optimization of the flow of information, materials, and services from initial request to delivery. Value Streams offer a comprehensive view of the business, underscoring how value is created across the organization while minimizing wastage.
Business Capabilities and Value Streams represent the Yin and Yang of business architecture. Business Capabilities detail what a business does – the inherent skills the organization must have to execute its mission. These are stable, strategic entities defining the potential of the organization. Conversely, Value Streams illustrate how an organization leverages its capabilities to deliver customer value. Together, they present a holistic understanding of the business, harmonizing the static (capabilities) with the dynamic (value streams) and linking strategic intent with operational execution.
Value Streams are essential for a payments company due to the complex, swift, and large-scale operations, coupled with the high demand for security and compliance. They enable these companies to understand and visualize the flow of value from payment initiation to settlement. This comprehensive perspective helps identify inefficiencies, redundancies, and delays, enhancing transaction speed, reducing operational risk, and improving customer satisfaction.
Payments companies can leverage Value Streams in several ways. Value streams can help design and optimize key processes such as payment processing, risk management, customer service, and regulatory compliance. For instance, by mapping the ‘Payment Processing’ value stream, companies can identify steps that add minimal or no value – like redundant fraud checks – and can seek to automate or eliminate them. Moreover, they can provide strategic insights for decision-making, such as understanding the impact of new technologies or regulations on existing value streams and creating new value streams for innovative payment services.
Value Streams also serve as the foundation for creating detailed process maps and customer journey maps. By beginning with a high-level value stream, business architects can drill down to more granular process maps, outlining the specific steps, roles, systems, and data involved in each activity of the value stream. Similarly, customer journey maps can be developed by overlaying the customer’s interactions and experiences onto the value stream. This approach ensures that process and customer journey maps align with the overarching flow of value, providing a consistent and integrated view of the business.
Our consultants and business architects with years of experience in business architecture, process consulting, and transformation strategy created the business architecture value streams. Use it as a starting point to customize them to your enterprise needs.
How to Use Value Streams Deliverables:
- We strive to provide a generic and representative straw model Value Streams typical to an industry. However, as each firm differs, the specific steps in a value stream may vary – sometimes marginally and sometimes substantially. Business architects and process experts must use the deliverable as a springboard and customize it to each company’s unique needs.
- After tailoring the value streams to reflect the internal reality of your business flows, business architects can leverage the value streams to cross-map with business capabilities, detailed process maps, customer journey maps, and other artifacts to glean insight and understand the footprint and relationships between these entities.
- The value streams can be a basis for detailing the processes with additional information (actors, actions, data, systems, etc.) and crafting customer journey maps.
- We sell digital products, so there are no returns, refunds, or replacements. Therefore, please read the product description carefully before making a purchasing decision.
- A generic set of Value Streams may or may not fit your needs, or the content relevance will vary substantially.
- Sold on an as-is basis and without any implied or explicit warranties.
- Consultants and firms wanting to use it for their clients have a different pricing model.
- The sale is for digital products only and does not include customization or implementation help.
- Please review our standard terms of service.
Payments Company Value Streams
$299 – $899