Energy Company Value Streams
$299 – $899
The Energy Company Value Streams comprise all the major value streams typical in an energy-producing and distributing company. The Energy Company Value Streams are an essential and integral part of business architecture, and instead of starting from scratch, our pre-built deliverable jumpstarts the process, accelerating time to value. However, as each company has unique processes – with dozens of variations – our deliverable is a springboard, not a fully baked, customized consulting deliverable.
(As the Energy Company Value Streams is a digital deliverable, we do not accept returns or issue refunds. Please read the product description carefully before purchasing.)
Energy Company Value Streams Deliverable:
- A set of 32 value streams detailed the primary and supporting activities of the value chain. The value streams are decomposed into one step of high-level detail.
- Bonus: A Guide to Value Streams.
Enterprise and Business Architects can use the Energy Company value streams as a straw model and customize them to the needs of their enterprise.
(Note: While we reference business capabilities, journey maps, and process maps, please realize that this product pertains to only the value streams. We offer other products which span business capabilities. Furthermore, the value streams are in simple PowerPoint format and are editable.)
Energy Company Value Streams:
In business architecture, Value Streams refer to the activities that deliver a product or service, generating value for the customer. They provide an end-to-end view of work processes, from the initial customer interaction to the final product or service delivery. Through this high-level perspective, Value Streams offer insights into how an organization meets customer needs and fulfills its strategic objectives.
Business Capabilities and Value Streams in business architecture reflect the principle of Yin and Yang. Business Capabilities encapsulate what an organization is capable of doing, including the necessary skills, resources, and technologies to execute its strategy. On the other hand, Value Streams detail how these capabilities are deployed to create customer value. In essence, Business Capabilities embody the potential, while Value Streams transform this potential into action. Together, they offer a holistic understanding of an organization, facilitating strategic decision-making and alignment with strategic goals.
Value Streams are particularly crucial for an Energy Producer. Energy companies typically navigate complex, interconnected processes across multiple departments and stakeholders. By providing a comprehensive overview of these processes, Value Streams enable the identification and resolution of inefficiencies, bottlenecks, or gaps. This ensures every activity contributes to the value delivered to the end customer, reducing waste and boosting productivity.
Energy companies can leverage Value Streams in several ways. In resource exploration and extraction, Value Stream Mapping can help identify areas of improvement to enhance efficiency. In the production process, it can detect non-value-adding activities, like unnecessary movement of materials or waiting times. Value Stream Mapping can shorten lead times, optimize logistics, and decrease inventory costs in supply chain management. Value Streams can streamline complaint handling or query resolution processes for customer service, ultimately improving customer satisfaction.
Furthermore, Value Streams lay a solid foundation for documenting detailed process maps and customer journey maps. Process maps offer a granular view of individual operations, ensuring alignment with the overarching Value Stream. This alignment aids in mitigating process inefficiencies or miscommunications between departments. Similarly, customer journey maps, which track a customer’s interactions with the organization, can align with Value Streams. This alignment ensures each customer touchpoint contributes to the overall value, enhancing the customer experience. Consequently, Value Streams are invaluable for an organization aiming to deliver value efficiently and effectively.
The Value Streams are a result of several consulting engagements at reputed enterprises. While they are practical and based on real-life scenarios, each organization is different with divergent processes, and hence you will need to customize them to your company’s unique needs.
How to Use Value Streams Deliverables:
- We strive to provide a generic and representative straw model Value Streams typical to an industry. However, as each firm differs, the specific steps in a value stream may vary – sometimes marginally and sometimes substantially. Business architects and process experts must use the deliverable as a springboard and customize it to each company’s unique needs.
- After tailoring the value streams to reflect the internal reality of your business flows, business architects can leverage the value streams to cross-map with business capabilities, detailed process maps, customer journey maps, and other artifacts to glean insight and understand the footprint and relationships between these entities.
- The value streams can be a basis for detailing the processes with additional information (actors, actions, data, systems, etc.) and crafting customer journey maps.
- We sell digital products, so there are no returns, refunds, or replacements. Therefore, please read the product description carefully before making a purchasing decision.
- A generic set of Value Streams may or may not fit your needs, or the content relevance will vary substantially.
- Sold on an as-is basis and without any implied or explicit warranties.
- Consultants and firms wanting to use it for their clients have a different pricing model.
- The sale is for digital products only and does not include customization or implementation help.
- Please review our standard terms of service.
Energy Company Value Streams
$299 – $899