Business Architecture Starter Kit
$2,999 – $8,999
Business Architecture Starter Kit is a treasure trove of templates, deliverables, sample content, and customizable artifacts for spring boarding your business architecture practice. Business Architecture is a foundation and a cornerstone for modern businesses. But unfortunately, many enterprise business architecture practices take years to incubate, nurture, and grow. Our business architecture starter kit accelerates this process and the time value.
(Note: As the Business Architecture Starter Kit is a digital product, we neither accept returns nor issue refunds. Hence, please read the product description and the list of deliverables carefully before purchase.)
The pace of change in the corporate landscape necessitates companies to transform frequently and fast. Therefore, enterprise business transformation is a strategic imperative. Unfortunately, despite spending billions of dollars, many enterprise business transformation efforts are achieving subpar results or failing altogether. Of course, it takes sensible strategy, prudent planning, and flawless execution to transform a legacy company to compete with digital natives.
One lever to plan prudently is the discipline of Business Architecture. The business architecture discipline provides a robust foundation based on sound structural constructs and a pragmatic set of deliverables. Business architecture is the fundamental layer to help a structured and streamlined digital transformation. In addition, business Capabilities can be the glue that binds things together.
The Business Architecture Starter Kit is a set of business architecture deliverables, concepts, models, and templates and is a veritable treasure trove to accelerate time to value.
What is Business Architecture Starter Kit?
Business Architecture Starter Kit is a set of pre-built and customizable templates and deliverables for leveraging the concepts and artifacts of business architecture for enterprise transformation. The deliverables comprise:
- Enterprise Business Capabilities Model: A comprehensive and coherent matrix of ~1975 capabilities nested into four levels. The Enterprise Business Capabilities map is available in PowerPoint, Excel, and Word formats.
- Definition of Business Capabilities: Capability definitions up to Level 3.
- Capability-aligned KPIs: A sample list of key performance indicators. (KPIs are generally at Level 2.)
- A Capability Profile Card Temple: A well-structured template to document a Capability Profile on a Page.
- Enterprise Value Streams and Processes: A mix of detailed and brief Value Streams and Processes. (~250)
- Value Streams Guide: A pragmatic guide to Value Streams.
- Subject Area and Data Entities (sample): A blend of subject areas, data, and information entities.
- Business Operating Models Overview: A comprehensive overview of the various Enterprise Operating Models, including pros and cons and best practices for choosing one.
- Business Case for Business Architecture: A business case template with sample content you can customize to your company’s situation.
- Enterprise Roles: A listing of typical Roles in popular functions (Not exhaustive and does not cover every functional area. Will not be entirely relevant to any company. A starting point.)
- Enterprise Departments: A listing of typical departments in an enterprise. (A starting point. Relevance will vary depending on various factors.)
- Business Dictionary: Brief definitions of standard business terms. (A common taxonomy and shared understanding of concepts are essential for an enterprise to succeed. This is a starting point. Will not be entirely relevant to any company.)
- Enterprise Transformation Framework: A simple one-page framework you can customize to your needs.
- A Practical Guide to Business Architecture: An e-book to provide a basic understanding of business architecture practice.
- Business Transformation Overview: An e-Book offering a comprehensive overview of business transformation.
- Biz Arch Practice Intro Emails: A sample emails introducing business architecture which you can customize and send to your colleagues.
Plus, Other Bonus Deliverables
Most deliverables are in editable formats, allowing you to customize them to your needs.
How to Use Business Architecture Starter Kit Deliverables:
- Accelerate creating Business Architecture for the enterprise by using our deliverables as a springboard.
- Focus on outcomes, not artifacts. Use our pre-built and customizable templates and content to tailor to your company’s unique needs.
- Leverage the artifacts to implement a Business Architecture led transformation.
- Capture the essence of the business realm using structural elements such as Business Capabilities, Value Streams, data entities, and related components.
- Use the deliverables to contribute Business Architecture perspectives and inputs to strategy development, strategy realization, enterprise architecture, product management, solution architecture, and project execution.
Who Uses the Business Architecture Starter Kit?
- Business architects are the primary users to leverage the artifacts and deliverables and customize them to the company’s needs.
- Business Transformation program leaders also can benefit from the business architecture foundation.
- The company leadership can use the deliverables to understand the essence of the business and the structural underpinnings and use it for strategic decision-making, operating model design, and strategy realization.
- The enterprise teams responsible for crafting a company-wide business and enterprise architecture will find these (post-customized) deliverables invaluable inputs to their endeavor.
What are the Benefits of buying the Business Architecture Starter Kit?
- Pre-built and customizable deliverables allow for an Accelerated Time to Completion.
- It helps teams avoid the Blank Slate Syndrome and functions as a Springboard for Success.
- Allows teams to focus on the company’s 20% that is vital and the secret sauce and adopt the remaining 80% out of the box.
What are the Benefits of using Business Architecture in our company?
- Improved decision-making: Business Architecture provides a holistic view of the enterprise, which helps decision-makers make better decisions.
- Increased agility: Business Architecture helps enterprises adapt to change more quickly and easily.
- Reduced costs: Business Architecture can help enterprises reduce costs by identifying and eliminating inefficiencies, duplication of technology assets to power capabilities, and a streamlined IT enablement process.
- Improved alignment: Business Architecture helps to align the enterprise’s strategy, operations, and IT.
- Enhanced innovation: Business Architecture can help enterprises innovate more effectively by providing a framework for identifying and implementing new ideas accretive to company strategy and capabilities.
How did you build this Business Architecture Resource?
We are business architects, management consultants, and domain experts with countless business architecture and transformation engagements at several Global 2000 companies. We harnessed the accumulated knowledge over multiple engagements and several years to craft these deliverables.
A Perspective on the Cost:
We get two varying perspectives on the cost of our products. Why is it so cheap? Or why is it so expensive? In our (biased) opinion, the cost is meager compared to the value our Business architecture starter kit can offer enterprises.
Scenario 1: A cross-functional team of business architects, enterprise architects, and domain experts spend countless hours in conference rooms over 9-12 months to craft these deliverables. Instead, you can get started immediately, reduce your efforts by 60-75%, and tailor the deliverables to your unique needs. The cost of this package will be a rounding error.
Scenario 2: A company hires a consulting firm to develop these artifacts. They spend 12-14 weeks involving the cross-functional teams and eliciting the knowledge to create deliverables. A typical consulting endeavor may cost $250,000 – $500,000 (or more), depending on the firm and geography.
Instead, our Business Architecture Starter kit cost is commensurate with a few pizza lunches and a celebratory dinner at the end.
No standard off-the-shelf digital products can fully meet your company’s needs. Therefore, we strive to create a baseline with about 60-75% relevance, a jump-off point for tailoring the products to your needs.
- We sell digital products, so there are no returns, refunds, or replacements. Therefore, please read the product description carefully before making a purchasing decision.
- A generic set of deliverables and templates may or may not fit your needs, or the content relevance will vary substantially.
- Sold on an as-is basis and without any implied or explicit warranties
- Consultants and firms wanting to use it for their clients have a different pricing model.
- The sale is for digital products only and does not include customization or implementation help.
- Please review our standard terms of service.
Business Architecture Starter Kit
$2,999 – $8,999
We keep the licensing options – clean and straightforward.
Individual License: Where we offer an individual license, you can use the deliverable for personal use. You pay only once for using the deliverable forever. You are entitled any new updates within 12 months.
Enterprise License: If you are representing a company, irrespective of size, and intend to use the deliverables as a part of your enterprise transformation, the enterprise license is applicable in your situation. You pay only once for using the deliverable forever. You are entitled any new updates within 12 months.
Consultancy License: A consulting or professional services or IT services company that intends to use the deliverables for their client work need to pay the consultancy license fee. You pay only once for using the deliverable forever. You are entitled any new updates within 12 months.
Can I see a Sample Deliverable?
We are sorry, but we cannot send or show sample deliverables. There are two reasons: A) The deliverables are our intellectual property, and we cannot share the same. B) While you may be a genuine buyer, our experience in the past has not been great with too many browsers and not many buyers. We believe the depth of the information in the product description and the snippets we provide are sufficient to understand the scope and quality of our products.
When can I access my deliverables?
We process each transaction manually and hence, processing a deliverable may take anywhere from a few minutes to up to a day. The reason is to ensure appropriate licensing and also validating the deliverables.
Where can I access my deliverables?
Your best bet is to log in to the portal and download the products from the included links. The links do not expire.
Are there any restrictions on Downloads?
Yes. You can only download the products three times. We believe that is sufficient for any genuine usage situation. Of course, once you download, you can save electronic copies to your computer or a cloud drive.
Can I share or sell the deliverables with anyone?
You can share the deliverables within a company for proper use. You cannot share the deliverables outside your company. Selling or giving away free is prohibited, as well.
Can we talk to you on the phone?
Not generally. Compared to our professional services fee, the price of our products is a fraction of what we charge for custom work. Hence, our business model does not support pre-sales support.
Do you offer orientation or support to understand and use your deliverables?
Yes, for a separate fee. You can hire our consultants for remote help and in some cases for onsite assistance. Please Contact Us.