Human Resources Capabilities Model
$699 – $1,999
Human Resources Capabilities Model: CIOPages offers a comprehensive, industry-agnostic, multi-purpose HR functional area business capabilities model. Our HR capabilities model spans all critical areas of Human Resources and is a hierarchical decomposition of “What” HR does. The HR capabilities matrix comprises 450 capabilities and is integral to the enterprise business capabilities model. Instead of building a human resources capabilities list from a blank slate, CIOPages.com’s pre-built and customizable HR capability map helps accelerate your time to value.
Watch a Product Video
Human Resources Management (HRM) in the digital age is a vital function for enterprises seeking competitive advantage. It facilitates the adaptation to fast-paced technology changes, drives digital literacy, and ensures the retention of digitally skilled employees. As workplaces become increasingly virtual, HRM aids in creating digital work cultures, fostering innovation, collaboration, and flexibility. HR transformation into a strategic, digitally-enabled function is vital, as it allows companies to leverage data analytics for informed decision-making, automate routine tasks for improved efficiency, and deliver personalized employee experiences. Thus, modernized HRM is key to the sustainability and success of businesses in the digital era. And business capabilities form the foundation for HR transformation.
Human Resources Capabilities Model Deliverables
The Human Resources capabilities model encompasses ~450 capabilities and includes the following artifacts:
- An Excel spreadsheet with a list of HR capabilities with a grouping feature.
- A PowerPoint format with the top two levels of HR capabilities presented in a nested visualization.
- A Word document with human resources capabilities in a multilevel list format.
- Human Resources Capability KPIs: Sample KPIs at Level 2 of the model.
- HR Capability Definitions.
Why do we need a Human Resources Capabilities Model?
The value of business capabilities is immense as they help bridge the gap between business and IT, help understand the essence of what a business does, and align development efforts to strategic priorities, which allows the evolution and enhancement of capabilities.
Ideally, your firm should have a structured and well-defined enterprise business capability model, and HR capabilities should be an integral part of that enterprise model. And furthermore, for the capability model to the actionable should be decomposed to a slightly granular level of capabilities (Level 3 or 4).
One of the core functions of an enterprise is Human Resources. The HR value stream has become ever more critical in today’s highly competitive market for rare talent. CIOPages Human Resources Business Capability map intends to capture the detailed and nuanced perspective of what HR does. It includes the nuts and bolts’ functional capabilities and emerging and value-add functions/capabilities.
The Human Resources Capabilities Model will help provide a jumpstart to envision a future state, conduct gap analysis, identify capabilities that are needed/improved, and help focus efforts on capabilities that matter!
An HR capabilities list is an excellent starting point to build an HR transformation roadmap. Here are the summary steps:
- From the HR capabilities model inventory, please add/remove/refine the Human Resources business capabilities relevant to your enterprise.
- Conduct a current state assessment on various factors, such as the strategic importance of the Human Resources Capabilities, the level of technology enablement, the resource adequacy, and the maturity of the underlying business processes.
- Envision the future state and determine the level of maturity and sophistication your company will need to achieve in specific HR capability areas to reach the HR vision and goals.
- Assess the gaps between the current and future target states and identify specific improvements you will need to get to the desired state.
- Conduct impact analysis on people, processes, capabilities, and technology to reach the desired future state.
- Sequence the capabilities based on various factors such as business value, technology complexity, cost, and competitive dynamics.
- Create a Human Resources Transformation Roadmap using Human Resources capabilities as the building blocks.
- As the Human Resources Business Capabilities Model is a digital product, there are absolutely NO Returns.
- Depending on your industry, the type of HR policies and practices you have, and the scope of your transformation, some of the Capabilities may not be relevant to you.
- There are different pricing, license, and terms if you are a consultant or a consulting company.
- Sold on an as-is basis and no warranties
- This sale does not include implementation help or support. If you need professional services assistance, please contact us.
- Please review our standard terms of service.
Got more questions? Drop us a Line
Need Customization Help?
What are Business Capabilities?
Business capabilities are the foundational building blocks or Rosetta Stone for business and technology alignment. Business Capabilities describe “What” a business does.
How should I use Human Resources Capabilities Model?
- Understand the essence of human resources function and what it does.
- Alignment between business and technology with a universal language
- Mapping to Applications/Services to understand the footprint and coverage
- Creating a gap analysis between the current state and future state based on HR capability maturity
- Understanding business needs for IT enablement based on stable entities
- Conducting HR software platform vendor analysis using capabilities to compare apples and apples
- Leveraging in M&A to compare capabilities and their maturity between two firms
But our Company is unique – will it fit us?
Of course, every business is slightly different regarding particular HR capabilities and how they work. However, while there may be divergence at the edges, there is a lot of convergence at the core. In most enterprises, you need to prospect, recruit, hire, pay, manage, and grow your employees – the differences may be in the relative emphasis on the vital value streams and the absence or presence of specific capabilities and competencies based on your unique needs.
Last but not least, we don’t expect our Human Resources Capability Model (or any other model in fact) to fit you 100%. We hope you to take this as a straw model and a springboard to achieving the level of customization and specificity you desire.
We offer professional services to help to tailor the Human Resources or the Human Capital Management capability map to your needs and capture your firm’s unique essence. Contact Us for Advisory Service details.
When should we buy an HR Capabilities Model?
Anytime is a good time! However, there are always triggers that may necessitate purchasing an HR Capability Model.
- Strategic review and revamp of HR Strategy and Operations.
- Re-architecture or replacement of HR Systems
- Re-engineering the HR processes.
- HR capabilities as a part of an enterprise model
But what if we have Human Resources Capabilities Model already?
In that case, you can go with it, or if you require validation and cross-reference, you will still find our HR model valuable. After all, the price is less than the one hour of time spent on the combined brainpower assembled in the room.
What is my ROI?
The Value of Time Spent:
Typically, it takes a team of 4-5 to draft an HR Capabilities Model:
- Product Manager
- Business Architect
- Enterprise Architect
Human Resource Functional Experts – 2 or 3 to represent the broad spectrum of HR functional areas.
Now you can multiply the average hourly cost of the team and the hours spent on defining an HR capability map, and you’ll get the story.
In addition to the time spent and the associated costs of drafting routine HR capabilities, you also have an opportunity cost.
A pre-built and customizable HR capabilities list will allow you to quickly add/delete/modify the HR Business Capabilities base set. In turn, you will have the luxury of spending the balance of your quality time conceptualizing and crafting unique and specific Capabilities. These new/refined ideas should capture your company’s essence and its HR practices, principles, and perspectives.
Of course, let’s not forget the “Day Job” each of the SMEs (subject matter experts) could be doing.
Instead of spending countless hours stretched across weeks or months, you can have a baseline of human capital management capabilities in a couple of sittings. That helps you expedite and accelerate the HR transformation planning and roadmap development.
Human Resources Capabilities Model
$699 – $1,999
We keep the licensing options – clean and straightforward.
Individual License: Where we offer an individual license, you can use the deliverable for personal use. You pay only once for using the deliverable forever. You are entitled any new updates within 12 months.
Enterprise License: If you are representing a company, irrespective of size, and intend to use the deliverables as a part of your enterprise transformation, the enterprise license is applicable in your situation. You pay only once for using the deliverable forever. You are entitled any new updates within 12 months.
Consultancy License: A consulting or professional services or IT services company that intends to use the deliverables for their client work need to pay the consultancy license fee. You pay only once for using the deliverable forever. You are entitled any new updates within 12 months.
Can I see a Sample Deliverable?
We are sorry, but we cannot send or show sample deliverables. There are two reasons: A) The deliverables are our intellectual property, and we cannot share the same. B) While you may be a genuine buyer, our experience in the past has not been great with too many browsers and not many buyers. We believe the depth of the information in the product description and the snippets we provide are sufficient to understand the scope and quality of our products.
When can I access my deliverables?
We process each transaction manually and hence, processing a deliverable may take anywhere from a few minutes to up to a day. The reason is to ensure appropriate licensing and also validating the deliverables.
Where can I access my deliverables?
Your best bet is to log in to the portal and download the products from the included links. The links do not expire.
Are there any restrictions on Downloads?
Yes. You can only download the products three times. We believe that is sufficient for any genuine usage situation. Of course, once you download, you can save electronic copies to your computer or a cloud drive.
Can I share or sell the deliverables with anyone?
You can share the deliverables within a company for proper use. You cannot share the deliverables outside your company. Selling or giving away free is prohibited, as well.
Can we talk to you on the phone?
Not generally. Compared to our professional services fee, the price of our products is a fraction of what we charge for custom work. Hence, our business model does not support pre-sales support.
Do you offer orientation or support to understand and use your deliverables?
Yes, for a separate fee. You can hire our consultants for remote help and in some cases for onsite assistance. Please Contact Us.