Human Resources Capabilities Model
$699.00 – $1,999.00
Human Resources Capabilities Model: CIOPages offers a comprehensive, industry-agnostic, multi-purpose HR functional area business capabilities model. Our HR capabilities model spans all critical areas of Human Resources and is a hierarchical decomposition of “What” HR does. The HR capabilities matrix is an integral part of the overall enterprise business capabilities model. Instead of building a human resources capabilities list from a blank slate, CIOPages.com pre-built, and customizable HR capability map help accelerate your time to value.
What do I get?
Human Resources Capabilities Model with ~175-180 capabilities
Word processing document
Why do we need a Human Resources Capabilities Model?
The value of business capabilities is immense as they help bridge the gap between business and IT, help understand the essence of what a business does, and align development efforts to strategic priorities, which allows the evolution and enhancement of capabilities.
Ideally, your firm should have a structured and well-defined enterprise business capability model, and HR capabilities should be an integral part of that enterprise model. And furthermore, for the capability model to the actionable, it should be decomposed to a slightly granular level of capabilities (Level 3 or 4).
One of the core functions of an enterprise is Human Resources. In today’s highly competitive market for rare talent, the HR value stream has become ever more critical. CIOPages Human Resources Business Capability map intends to capture the detailed view and a nuanced perspective of what HR does. It includes the nuts and bolts functional capabilities, as well as emerging and value-add functions/capabilities.
The Human Resources Capabilities Model will help provide a jumpstart to envision a future state, conduct gap analysis, identify capabilities which are needed/improved, and help focus efforts on capabilities that matter!
What’s is in Human Resources Capabilities Matrix?
HR Business Capabilities Model – Level 1
|HR Strategy and planning||Workforce Management||Compensation and Benefits Management||Recruitment and Hiring|
|Talent Management||Learning and Development||People Relationship Management||HR Analytics and Reports|
The Human Resources Capabilities Model is decomposed to a minimum of two levels across the spectrum of HR Capabilities and many a time to levels three and four as well, depending on the granularity and modularity required.
The HR capabilities matrix is structurally sound, internally coherent and maintains principles of MECE (mutually exclusive and collectively exhaustive), for the most part.
Example Decomposition of a sliver of the Human Resources Capabilities Model
|HR Strategy and Planning Management|
|Compensation and Benefits|
|Recruitment and Hiring|
|Learning and Development|
|People Relationship Management|
|HR Analytics and Reporting|
|Compensation and Benefits|
|Pre-Qualification and Screening|
|Interviewing and Selection Management|
|People Relationship Management|
How to build an HR Transformation Roadmap using HR capabilities?
An HR capabilities list is an excellent starting point to build an HR transformation roadmap. Here are the summary steps:
- From the inventory of the HR capabilities model, please add/remove/refine the Human Resources business capabilities that are relevant to your enterprise.
- Conduct a current state assessment on a variety of factors such as the strategic importance of the Human Resources Capabilities, the level of technology enablement, the resource adequacy, and the maturity of the underlying business processes.
- Envision the future state and determine the level of maturity and sophistication your company will need to achieve in specific HR capability areas to reach the HR vision and goals.
- Assess the gaps between the current state and the future target state and identify specific improvements you will need to get to the desired state.
- Conduct impact analysis on people, process, capability, and technology to reach the desired future state.
- Sequence the capabilities based on a variety of factors such as business value, technology complexity, cost, and competitive dynamics.
- Create a Human Resources Transformation Roadmap using Human Resources capabilities as the building blocks.
Additional Bonus Deliverables offered FREE:
FREE BONUS Deliverables
General Intro to Capability Modeling
Business Architecture Framework
Business Capability Profile Template
Capability Assessment Template - Criteria and Notes
Role and Responsibilities of Business Architecture Leader
- As the Human Resources Business Capabilities Model is a digital product, there are absolutely NO Returns.
- Depending on your industry, the type of HR policies and practices you have, and the scope of your transformation, some of the Capabilities may not be relevant to you.
- If you are a consultant or a consulting company, there is different pricing, license, and terms.
- Sold on an as-is basis and no warranties
- This sale does not include implementation help or support. If you need professional services assistance, please contact us.
- Please review our standard terms of service.
Got more questions? Drop us a Line
Need Customization Help?
What are Business Capabilities?
Business capabilities are the foundational building blocks or Rosetta Stone for business and technology alignment. Business Capabilities describe “What” business does.
How should I use Human Resources Capabilities Model?
- Understand the essence of human resources function and what it does.
- Alignment between business and technology with a universal language
- Mapping to Applications/Services to understand the footprint and coverage
- Creating a gap analysis between the current state and future state based on HR capability maturity
- Understanding business needs for IT enablement based on stable entities
- Conducting HR software platform vendor analysis using capabilities to compare apples and apples
- Leveraging in M&A to compare capabilities and their maturity between two firms
But, our Company is unique – will it fit us?
Of course, every business is slightly different regarding particular HR capabilities as well as how they work. However, while there may be divergence at the edges, there is a lot of convergence at the core. In most enterprises, you need to prospect, recruit, hire, pay, manage and grow your employees – the differences may be in the relative emphasis on the vital value streams and absence or presence of specific capabilities and competencies based on your unique needs.
Last but not least, we don’t expect our Human Resources Capability Model (or any other model in fact) to fit you 100%. We hope you to take this as a straw model, and a springboard to achieving the level customization and specificity you desire.
We offer professional services to help to tailor the Human Resources or the Human Capital Management capability map to your needs and capture your firm’s unique essence. Contact Us for Advisory Service details.
When should we buy an HR Capabilities Model?
Anytime is a good time! However, there are always triggers which may necessitate purchasing an HR Capability Model.
- Strategic review and revamp of HR Strategy and Operations.
- Re-architecture or replacement of HR Systems
- Re-engineering the HR processes.
- HR capabilities as a part of an enterprise model
But, we have a Human Resources Capabilities List already?
Well, in that case, either you can go with it, or if you require validation and cross-reference, you will still find our HR model valuable. After all, the price is less than the one-hour of time spent on the combined brainpower assembled in the room.
What is my ROI?
The Value of Time Spent:
Typically, it takes a team of 4-5 to draft an HR Capabilities Model:
- Product Manager
- Business Architect
- Enterprise Architect
Human Resource Functional Experts – 2 or 3 to represent the broad spectrum of HR functional areas.
Now you can multiply the average hourly cost of the team and the hours spent on defining an HR capability map, and you’ll get the story.
In addition to the time spent and the associated costs of drafting routine HR capabilities, you also have an opportunity cost.
A pre-built and customizable HR capabilities list will allow you to quickly add/delete/modify the base set of HR Business Capabilities. In turn, you will have the luxury of spending the balance of your quality time in conceptualizing and crafting the unique and specific Capabilities. These new/refined should capture the essence of your company and its HR practices, principles, and perspectives.
Of course, let’s not forget the “Day Job” each of the SMEs (subject matter experts) could be doing.
Instead of spending countless hours stretched across weeks or months, you can have a baseline of human capital management capabilities in a couple of sittings. That helps you expedite and accelerate the HR transformation planning and roadmap development.
Human Resources Capabilities Model
$699.00 – $1,999.00
We keep the licensing options – clean and straightforward.
Individual License: Where we offer an individual license, you can use the deliverable for personal use. You pay only once for using the deliverable forever. You are entitled any new updates within 12 months.
Enterprise License: If you are representing a company, irrespective of size, and intend to use the deliverables as a part of your enterprise transformation, the enterprise license is applicable in your situation. You pay only once for using the deliverable forever. You are entitled any new updates within 12 months.
Consultancy License: A consulting or professional services or IT services company that intends to use the deliverables for their client work need to pay the consultancy license fee. You pay only once for using the deliverable forever. You are entitled any new updates within 12 months.
Can I see a Sample Deliverable?
We are sorry, but we cannot send or show sample deliverables. There are two reasons: A) The deliverables are our intellectual property, and we cannot share the same. B) While you may be a genuine buyer, our experience in the past has not been great with too many browsers and not many buyers. We believe the depth of the information in the product description and the snippets we provide are sufficient to understand the scope and quality of our products.
When can I access my deliverables?
We process each transaction manually and hence, processing a deliverable may take anywhere from a few minutes to up to a day. The reason is to ensure appropriate licensing and also validating the deliverables.
Where can I access my deliverables?
Your best bet is to log in to the portal and download the products from the included links. The links do not expire.
Are there any restrictions on Downloads?
Yes. You can only download the products three times. We believe that is sufficient for any genuine usage situation. Of course, once you download, you can save electronic copies to your computer or a cloud drive.
Can I share or sell the deliverables with anyone?
You can share the deliverables within a company for proper use. You cannot share the deliverables outside your company. Selling or giving away free is prohibited, as well.
Can we talk to you on the phone?
Not generally. Compared to our professional services fee, the price of our products is a fraction of what we charge for custom work. Hence, our business model does not support pre-sales support.
Do you offer orientation or support to understand and use your deliverables?
Yes, for a separate fee. You can hire our consultants for remote help and in some cases for onsite assistance. Please Contact Us.