Marketing Transformation process is an encapsulation of the depth and breadth of effort required to transform Marketing functions to excel in the digital age successfully. The Marketing Transformation process is complicated, arduous, and costly. All the steps in the Marketing transformation process are necessary, but not doing some or not doing well can lead to the collapse of the program and have long-term adverse consequences.
The Marketing transformation process is complex, arduous, and costly.
A list of some of the critical steps that can exacerbate the failure risks are as follows:
a) Not understanding the Marketing value streams well and how the experience of these value streams needs to reshape in the future. b) Lack of a detailed Marketing business capability model. c) Marketing technology has become a critical success factor in transforming the Marketing function, particularly the new wave of cloud-based Marketing technology platforms. Selecting a Marketing software platform that does not meet the needs will lead to failure. And d) Underinvestment into change management and adoption is another issue that afflicts major Marketing transformation programs.
Marketing Transformation Process Steps:
The Key Steps in the Marketing Transformation Process:
• Identify Marketing Transformation Drivers
• Conduct Current State Assessment of Marketing
• Develop Marketing Transformation Preliminary Business Case
• Adopt a Marketing Transformation Framework
• Launch the Marketing Transformation Work Streams and Projects
• Envision the Future State Marketing Operating Model
• Create a Marketing Capability Model
• Decompose Marketing Value Streams
• Define preliminary target state conceptual architecture
• Craft a capability-based Transformation Roadmap
• Develop Marketing Transformation Detailed Business Case
• Evaluate and Select Consulting Partners
• Assess and select Marketing Software platforms (if applicable)
• Evaluate and select Marketing Business Outsourcing partners (if applicable)
• Launch Marketing Transformation Implementation Work Streams and Projects
• Adopt and Implement a Change Management Plan (Communications, Training, Adoption)
• Project Governance and Risk Management
• Deployment and Rollout