Digital Capabilities Model
$699 – $1,999
The Digital Capabilities Model is an integrated and in-depth set of digital business capabilities which are the foundation of an overall digital transformation. The Digital Capabilities Model (or a digital business capabilities model) is a comprehensive list of multilevel and granular digital capabilities, encompassing strategy to implementation and from concept to operations. The Digital Capabilities Model encompasses over 1000 items across four levels.
(Note: As the Digital Capabilities Model is a digital deliverable, we do not accept returns or issue refunds. So, please read the product description and the terms carefully.)
A Digital Capabilities Model is a must-have tool for business architects, enterprise architects, business executives, technology leaders, and project teams to fathom the structural underpinning of digital transformation and focus on what is necessary for a given enterprise.
Today, digital is everywhere. Almost all companies, without exception, have been impacted by digital – whether social, mobile, analytics, cloud, internet of things, AI, ML, or a combination thereof. A digital transformation is an epochal event, and the digital makeover is an all-encompassing and mission-critical endeavor. Digital business capabilities are a foundational component – like Lego blocks or bricks – that can compose various digital business value streams or experiences.
While most enterprises spend tens of millions of dollars on digital transformation, even many participants find it challenging to get their arms around the scope and magnitude of the digital realm. Decomposing digital business into its elemental entities – the capabilities – helps gain a holistic perspective.
A digital capabilities matrix is integral to the overall digital business architecture or building a digital reference architecture.
Why is it so difficult for companies to realize the digital vision and compete with the digital natives?
There are multiple impediments to realizing digital goals. Just saying, “We need to do digital,” is insufficient to get the stakeholder buy-in as it seems millions are being spent on the same tag. Instead, indicating specifically, “Our company needs to invest in personalization tools to manage the online engagement for better conversion rate optimization,” can communicate the rationale much stronger. Identifying specific digital capabilities or clusters will help determine specific technology solutions to help automate the digital processes and realize the digitalization capabilities.
Digital Capabilities Model Deliverables?
The digital business capabilities matrix is decomposed into four levels and has about 1000 capabilities. Imagine that! Digital is not one word but a detailed decomposition of 1000-plus capabilities.
The deliverables include the following:
Digital Business Capabilities Map – ~1000 capabilities
- An Excel spreadsheet with a list of digital capabilities and a grouping feature to traverse easily between levels.
- A PowerPoint format with the top two levels presented in a nested visualization.
- A Word document with digital capabilities in a multilevel list format.
- Definitions of Capabilities up to Level 3.
- A list of sample Key Performance Indicators up to Level 2.
Created by business architects and Digital domain experts, the Digital business capability map is detailed, in-depth, and conforms to the construct of MECE (mutually exclusive and collectively exhaustive). The artifacts include a capability model that is decomposed into four levels and encompasses about 1000 capabilities. Please consult our professional services team for customization if you want further granularity.
Value and Use cases of the Digital Capabilities Model:
A business capabilities map is a fundamental and foundational entity in the business architecture continuum. The Capstera Digital capability map encapsulates end-to-end aspects of the Digital functions with a detailed, multilevel digital capabilities list.
There are several benefits of having a well-structured list of digital capabilities, including, among others:
- Foster alignment between business and IT using capabilities as an everyday language.
- Capabilities are a structurally sound and internally coherent abstraction of business functions.
- A capability-based roadmap eliminates redundancy and replication and focuses on capability evolution.
- Juxtaposing capabilities and systems/applications provide a footprint analysis and can lead to better application portfolio rationalization decisions.
- Capabilities are a proxy for business services (either a cluster of capabilities or granular capabilities) which can influence the Microservices’ composition, structure, and modularity.
How to build a Digital Transformation Roadmap using capabilities?
A digital capabilities list is an excellent starting point for a digital transformation roadmap. Here are the summary steps:
- From the inventory of the digital capabilities, add/remove/refine the digital business capabilities relevant to your enterprise.
- Conduct a current state assessment on various factors such as the strategic importance of the digital capability, the level of technology enablement, the resource adequacy, and the maturity of the underlying business processes.
- Envision the future state and determine the level of maturity and sophistication your company will need to achieve in specific digital business capabilities to accomplish the corporate vision and goals.
- Assess the gaps between the current and future target states and identify specific improvements you need to reach the desired state.
- Conduct impact analysis on people, processes, capabilities, and technology to reach the desired digital state.
- Sequence the capabilities based on business value, technology complexity, cost, and competitive dynamics.
- Create a digital transformation roadmap using digital capabilities as the building blocks.
- We sell digital products, so there are no returns, refunds, or replacements. Therefore, please read the product description carefully before making a purchasing decision.
- A generic set of deliverables and templates may or may not fit your needs, or the content relevance will vary substantially.
- Sold on an as-is basis and without any implied or explicit warranties
- Consultants and firms wanting to use it for their clients have a different pricing model.
- The sale is for digital products only and does not include customization or implementation help.
- Please review our standard terms of service.
Digital Capabilities Model
$699 – $1,999
We keep the licensing options – clean and straightforward.
Individual License: Where we offer an individual license, you can use the deliverable for personal use. You pay only once for using the deliverable forever. You are entitled any new updates within 12 months.
Enterprise License: If you are representing a company, irrespective of size, and intend to use the deliverables as a part of your enterprise transformation, the enterprise license is applicable in your situation. You pay only once for using the deliverable forever. You are entitled any new updates within 12 months.
Consultancy License: A consulting or professional services or IT services company that intends to use the deliverables for their client work need to pay the consultancy license fee. You pay only once for using the deliverable forever. You are entitled any new updates within 12 months.
Can I see a Sample Deliverable?
We are sorry, but we cannot send or show sample deliverables. There are two reasons: A) The deliverables are our intellectual property, and we cannot share the same. B) While you may be a genuine buyer, our experience in the past has not been great with too many browsers and not many buyers. We believe the depth of the information in the product description and the snippets we provide are sufficient to understand the scope and quality of our products.
When can I access my deliverables?
We process each transaction manually and hence, processing a deliverable may take anywhere from a few minutes to up to a day. The reason is to ensure appropriate licensing and also validating the deliverables.
Where can I access my deliverables?
Your best bet is to log in to the portal and download the products from the included links. The links do not expire.
Are there any restrictions on Downloads?
Yes. You can only download the products three times. We believe that is sufficient for any genuine usage situation. Of course, once you download, you can save electronic copies to your computer or a cloud drive.
Can I share or sell the deliverables with anyone?
You can share the deliverables within a company for proper use. You cannot share the deliverables outside your company. Selling or giving away free is prohibited, as well.
Can we talk to you on the phone?
Not generally. Compared to our professional services fee, the price of our products is a fraction of what we charge for custom work. Hence, our business model does not support pre-sales support.
Do you offer orientation or support to understand and use your deliverables?
Yes, for a separate fee. You can hire our consultants for remote help and in some cases for onsite assistance. Please Contact Us.