Marketing Transformation Sample Project Plan is a draft/proforma project plan that marketing teams can use as a starting point and customize to their needs. The CIOPages.com project plan for a marketing transformation program intends to accelerate the time to completion of a project plan and allow teams to focus on execution, not on the compilation of project planning items.
What do I get?
- Marketing Transformation Sample Project Plan is a spreadsheet with about ~200 rows of Project Plan items. Teams can easily customize the deliverable to specific enterprise needs.
- The Sample Project Plan for Marketing Systems implementation focuses primarily on business activities, but also includes a few technical project items.
What do I not get?
- The sample marketing project plan is a flat structure without dependencies, timelines, and resource loading. The expectation is those items shall be done by your teams, or with our professional services assistance.
What does the Marketing Transformation Sample Project Plan cover?
There are about 200 rows of project plan activities and milestones. The broad scope of Sample Project Plan for a marketing transformation includes:
- Go Live
The sample project plan for a marketing transformation and systems implementation is an Excel spreadsheet with an indented list of project planning activities, tasks, and milestones in a flat structure. You may import these into a traditional project planning software as a CSV file; or add items like start and end dates, dependencies and resources in the Excel file itself.
- As the Marketing Transformation Sample Project Plan is a digital product, there are absolutely NO Returns.
- Depending on your industry, the type of project planning and practices you follow, and the scope of your transformation, some of the plan items may not be relevant to you.
- If you are a consultant or a consulting company, there is different pricing, license, and terms.
- Sold on an as-is basis and with no warranties
- This sale does not include implementation help or support. If you need professional services assistance, please contact us.
- Please review our standard terms of service.
Need Consulting or Advisory Services?
Is this really a “Project Plan”?
Indeed the marketing project plan activities are real, necessary and valid. The project plan items represent raw “activities” and “milestones.” To convert them into a full-fledged project plan, you will still need to assign start and finish dates, mark dependencies, estimate effort, and align resources. That is when “Sample” project plan with a list of “items” will become an actual project plan.
How should we use the Marketing Transformation Sample Project Plan?
Many marketing transformation teams do not plan well and hence suffer severe implementation challenges. More often than not, in every large (and sometimes medium-sized) enterprise, a cross-functional team of business/technology/architecture teams spend countless hours in conference rooms trying to whiteboard and write project plan items from scratch. The more time they spend on basic and obvious project activities, the more likely they will miss out on something unique and relevant to the project. Instead, using our Marketing Transformation Sample Project Plan, you can focus on what’s different and unique about your situation. That is the sample project plan for marketing transformation will enable teams to spend 90% of your time on the 10% of the Marketing Project Plan components that matter. And only 10% of your time on the 90% of planning items that are table stakes.
But, our Company is Unique – will it fit us?
Of course, you are unique but not as unique as a unicorn!
We understand and acknowledge each company is slightly different concerning some project planning approaches and methodologies. However, while there may be divergence at the edges, there is a lot of convergence at the core between most firms. At the end of the day, you conceptualize, plan, define, design, develop, deploy and run your systems – the differences may be in the relative emphasis on the critical processes as well as the development methodologies and project planning frameworks.
Last but not the least, we don’t expect our sample marketing project matrix (or any other sample deliverable, in fact) to fit you 100%. We hope you to take this set of project planning issues as a straw model or a base set of project needs, and use them as a springboard to achieving the level customization and specificity in a project plan you desire.
If you need professional services to help tailor the project planning items into a full-fledged project plan, based on your needs and capture your firm’s unique essence, we can also help. Contact Us for Advisory Service details.
But, what if we have a Project Plan already?
Well, in that case, either you can go with it, or if you need to validate and cross-reference, you will still find our Project Plan items valuable. After all, the price is less than the one-hour of time spent on the combined brainpower assembled in the room.
What is my ROI?
The Value of Time Spent:
Typically, it takes a team of 4-6 to draft the marketing project planning activities and milestones.
- A Program or Project Manager
- Business Analysts
- Technology Managers
- Functional Experts – 2 or 3 to represent the broad spectrum of areas.
Now you can multiply the average hourly cost of the team and the hours spent, and you’ll get the story.
In addition to the time spent and the associated costs of drafting routine Project Planning Items, you also have an opportunity cost.
By quickly adding/deleting/modifying the base set of the sample marketing project activities, it will allow you the luxury of spending the balance of your quality time in conceptualizing and crafting the unique and specific project milestones and events.
Of course, let’s not forget the “Day Job” each of the SMEs (subject matter experts) could be doing, instead of spending many hours on this activity.
Instead of spending countless hours stretched across weeks or months, you can have a baseline of Project Plan Items in a couple of sittings. That helps you expedite and accelerate the transformation planning.