Sales Management Capability Model
$499 – $1,499
The Sales Management Capability Model is a logical and intuitive decomposition of sales functions into granular business capabilities. The Sales Management capability matrix includes about 200 capabilities across three levels.
(Note: As the Sales Management Capability Model is a digital deliverable, we do not accept returns or issue refunds. So, please read the product description and the terms carefully.)
Strategic Rationale for Transforming the Sales Management Function
Companies must constantly adapt and evolve to maintain a competitive edge in today’s rapidly changing business landscape. Therefore, transforming the sales management function is crucial for organizations to thrive in the long run. The strategic rationale for this transformation includes the following key drivers:
Customer-centricity: Modern customers demand personalized experiences, tailored solutions, and exceptional service. By transforming sales management, companies can better understand their customers, identify their needs, and deliver value through a customer-centric approach.
Digital transformation: With technology at the core of most businesses, digital tools can provide valuable insights, streamline processes, and enable a more efficient salesforce. Embracing digital transformation helps companies stay ahead, drive growth, and meet customer expectations.
Data-driven decision-making: Sales teams that utilize data and analytics can identify trends, opportunities, and areas for improvement. This data-driven approach enables companies to make informed decisions, optimize sales strategies, and allocate resources more effectively.
Agility and adaptability: Market dynamics and customer preferences are constantly changing. Transforming sales management allows companies to remain agile, respond quickly to market shifts, and seize new opportunities.
Sales Capabilities as the Cornerstone of Transformation:
SalesS business capabilities can serve as an anchor and foundation for driving the transformation of the sales function. Business capabilities encapsulate what business does. By leveraging their sales capabilities, companies can identify improvement areas and develop new strategies to meet evolving customer needs. This can involve investing in new technologies and tools to understand customer behavior better, creating more effective messaging and content, or improving customer experience. By enhancing sales business capabilities, companies drive innovation and growth while remaining competitive in today’s fast-changing business landscape.
Sales Management Capability Model Deliverables
The Sales Management Capability Model includes the following artifacts. (The map comprises about 200 sales capabilities.)
- An Excel spreadsheet with a grouped list of capabilities.
- A PowerPoint presentation with the top two levels presented in a nested visualization.
- A Word document with capabilities in a multilevel list format.
- Capability Definitions (at Level 3)
- Capability KPIs (at Level 2)
- Plus, bonus files.
Value of the Sales Management Capability Model
A business capabilities model is a fundamental and foundational entity in the business architecture continuum.
The Prospect to Customer and beyond value streams have emerged as a mission-critical function, particularly in a customer-centric, omnichannel world. The Capstera Sales capability map encapsulates the essence of sales function with a detailed, multilevel capabilities list.
There are several benefits from business capabilities, including, among others:
- Foster alignment between business and IT using capabilities as an everyday language.
- Capabilities are structurally sound and internally coherent abstractions of business functions.
- A capability-based roadmap eliminates redundancy and replication and focuses on capability evolution.
- Juxtaposing capabilities and systems/applications provide a footprint analysis and can lead to better application portfolio rationalization decisions.
Created by business architects and sales domain experts, the Sales management capabilities map is detailed, in-depth, and conforms to the construct of MECE (mutually exclusive and collectively exhaustive).
Will these Capabilities Fit our Company?
As a generic, multipurpose set of capabilities list, we strive to meet 60-80% of a firm’s needs, not 100%. Please get in touch with our business architecture consulting team for paid engagements if you need additional customization.
- Business Capabilities Matrix: A functional area occupies one box in many business capability maps. Some may wonder why we decomposed the capabilities into 100X or more capabilities. We humbly submit that one box or entry in a one-page diagram is Wall Art, not an implementation tool. Decomposing capabilities into a nested list of granular items will help understand a capability’s depth, breadth, scope, and importance. It is also possible that some capabilities in our matrix may not be relevant to you. Similarly, we may have captured and documented some relevant and essential capabilities of your firm.
- Capability Definitions: The definitions do NOT cover every capability as, at a certain level of granularity, the capabilities are self-evident, and their meaning is self-explanatory. We try to provide definitions at a granular level we think is appropriate. Please feel free to add, expand, or modify the definitions.
- Capability KPIs (Key Performance Indicators): We added a few KPIs for capabilities (mostly at Level 2) to get you started. You may not measure these KPIs in your company and have an entirely different set of metrics. Again, use them as a springboard, and not debate the applicability to your firm.
And lastly, a note about the cost:
Well, the cost of our capability models is less than an inexpensive team dinner or far less than the loaded cost of a team of four spending an hour in a conference room whiteboarding the capabilities.
Furthermore, avoiding the blank slate syndrome and jumpstarting the capability-building process will ensure you can spend more time socializing, refining, and executing the ideas.
- The CIOPages.com Sales Management Capability Model is a digital product, and hence, absolutely no returns or refunds.
- A generic capabilities model may or may not fit your needs, or the percentage of which capabilities are relevant will vary widely.
- Sold on an as-is basis and without any implied or explicit warranties
- Consultants and consulting firms wanting to use it for their clients have different pricing models.
- The sale is for the model only and does not include customization or implementation help.
- Please review our standard terms of service.
Sales Management Capability Model
$499 – $1,499
We keep the licensing options – clean and straightforward.
Individual License: Where we offer an individual license, you can use the deliverable for personal use. You pay only once for using the deliverable forever. You are entitled any new updates within 12 months.
Enterprise License: If you are representing a company, irrespective of size, and intend to use the deliverables as a part of your enterprise transformation, the enterprise license is applicable in your situation. You pay only once for using the deliverable forever. You are entitled any new updates within 12 months.
Consultancy License: A consulting or professional services or IT services company that intends to use the deliverables for their client work need to pay the consultancy license fee. You pay only once for using the deliverable forever. You are entitled any new updates within 12 months.
Can I see a Sample Deliverable?
We are sorry, but we cannot send or show sample deliverables. There are two reasons: A) The deliverables are our intellectual property, and we cannot share the same. B) While you may be a genuine buyer, our experience in the past has not been great with too many browsers and not many buyers. We believe the depth of the information in the product description and the snippets we provide are sufficient to understand the scope and quality of our products.
When can I access my deliverables?
We process each transaction manually and hence, processing a deliverable may take anywhere from a few minutes to up to a day. The reason is to ensure appropriate licensing and also validating the deliverables.
Where can I access my deliverables?
Your best bet is to log in to the portal and download the products from the included links. The links do not expire.
Are there any restrictions on Downloads?
Yes. You can only download the products three times. We believe that is sufficient for any genuine usage situation. Of course, once you download, you can save electronic copies to your computer or a cloud drive.
Can I share or sell the deliverables with anyone?
You can share the deliverables within a company for proper use. You cannot share the deliverables outside your company. Selling or giving away free is prohibited, as well.
Can we talk to you on the phone?
Not generally. Compared to our professional services fee, the price of our products is a fraction of what we charge for custom work. Hence, our business model does not support pre-sales support.
Do you offer orientation or support to understand and use your deliverables?
Yes, for a separate fee. You can hire our consultants for remote help and in some cases for onsite assistance. Please Contact Us.