Wealth Management Value Streams
$299 – $899
The Wealth Management Value Streams comprise all the major value streams typical in a Wealth Management firm. The Wealth Management Value Streams are an essential and integral part of business architecture, and instead of starting from scratch, our pre-built deliverable jumpstarts the process, accelerating time to value.
(As the Wealth Management Value Streams is a digital deliverable, we do not accept returns or issue refunds. Please read the product description carefully before purchasing.)
Wealth Management Value Streams Deliverable:
- A set of 39 value streams detailed the primary and supporting activities of the value chain. The value streams are decomposed into one step of high-level detail.
- Bonus: A Guide to Value Streams.
Enterprise and Business Architects can use the Wealth Management value streams as a springboard and customize them to the needs of their enterprise.
(Note: While we reference business capabilities, journey maps, and process maps, please realize that this product pertains to only the value streams. We offer other products which span business capabilities. Furthermore, the value streams are in simple PowerPoint format and are editable.)
Wealth Management Value Streams:
In business architecture, value streams are sequences of activities an organization conducts to provide customers a valuable product or service. Originating from lean management, this concept enables the visualization and optimization of the flow of information, materials, and services from the initial request to final delivery. Value Streams offer a comprehensive, end-to-end view of the business, emphasizing creating value across the organization and targeting waste reduction.
Business Capabilities and Value Streams act as the Yin and Yang of business architecture. Business Capabilities detail what a business does – the innate abilities it must possess to fulfill its mission. These represent stable, strategic constructs that define an organization’s potential. Conversely, Value Streams demonstrate how an organization utilizes its capabilities to deliver customer value. Together, they provide a holistic understanding of the business, harmonizing the static (capabilities) with the dynamic (value streams) and aligning strategic intent with operational realities.
Value Streams are essential in a wealth management firm due to the complex, customized, and high-stakes nature of wealth management services. They allow firms to understand and visualize the flow of value from client onboarding to investment planning, execution, review, and service. This comprehensive view facilitates the identification of inefficiencies, duplication, and delays, thereby enhancing investment performance, reducing operational risks, and improving client satisfaction.
Wealth managers can leverage Value Streams in several ways. They can use them to design and optimize core processes such as client onboarding, investment planning, execution, review, and client service. For instance, by mapping the ‘Investment Planning’ value stream, firms can identify steps that add little or no value, such as redundant risk profiling, and aim to streamline or eliminate them. Furthermore, Value Streams can provide strategic insights for decision-making, such as understanding the impact of new regulations or technologies on existing value streams and designing new value streams for innovative services.
Lastly, Value Streams can be the foundation for creating detailed process maps and client journey maps. Beginning with a high-level value stream, business architects can delve into more detailed process maps, outlining the specific steps, roles, systems, and data involved in each activity within the value stream. Simultaneously, client journey maps can be developed by overlaying the client’s interactions and experiences onto the value stream. This approach ensures that process and client journey maps align with the broader flow of value, offering a consistent and integrated view of the business.
Our consultants and business architects with years of experience in business architecture, process consulting, and transformation strategy created the business architecture value streams. Use it as a starting point to customize them to your enterprise needs.
How to Use Value Streams Deliverables:
- We strive to provide a generic and representative straw model Value Streams typical to an industry. However, as each firm differs, the specific steps in a value stream may vary – sometimes marginally and sometimes substantially. Business architects and process experts must use the deliverable as a springboard and customize it to each company’s unique needs.
- After tailoring the value streams to reflect the internal reality of your business flows, business architects can leverage the value streams to cross-map with business capabilities, detailed process maps, customer journey maps, and other artifacts to glean insight and understand the footprint and relationships between these entities.
- The value streams can be a basis for detailing the processes with additional information (actors, actions, data, systems, etc.) and crafting customer journey maps.
- We sell digital products, so there are no returns, refunds, or replacements. Therefore, please read the product description carefully before making a purchasing decision.
- A generic set of Value Streams may or may not fit your needs, or the content relevance will vary substantially.
- Sold on an as-is basis and without any implied or explicit warranties.
- Consultants and firms wanting to use it for their clients have a different pricing model.
- The sale is for digital products only and does not include customization or implementation help.
- Please review our standard terms of service.
Wealth Management Value Streams
$299 – $899