Human Resources Transformation or HR transformation process is an encapsulation of the depth and breadth of effort required to successfully transform human resources functions to excel in the digital age. The HR transformation process is complicated, arduous, and costly. All the steps in the HR transformation process are necessary, but not doing some or not doing well can lead to the collapse and have long-term consequences.
The HR transformation process is complex, arduous, and costly.
A list of some of the critical steps that can exacerbate the failure risks are as follows:
a) Not understanding the HR value streams well and how the experience of these value streams needs to reshape in the future. b) Lack of a detailed HR business capability model. c) HR technology has become a critical success factor in transforming the human resources function, particularly the new wave of cloud-based HR technology platforms. Selecting an HRMS/HRIS software platform that does not meet the needs will lead to failure. And d) Underinvestment into change management and adoption is another issue that afflicts major HR transformation programs.
HR Transformation Process Steps:
The Key Steps in the HR Transformation Process:
- Identify HR Transformation Drivers
- Conduct Current State Assessment of Human Resources
- Develop HR Transformation Preliminary Business Case
- Adopt an HR Transformation Framework
- Launch the HR Transformation Work Streams and Projects
- Envision the Future State HR Operating Model
- Create an HR Capability Model
- Decompose HR Value Streams
- Define preliminary target state conceptual architecture
- Craft a capability-based Transformation Roadmap
- Develop HR Transformation Detailed Business Case
- Evaluate and Select Consulting Partners
- Assess and select HR Software platforms (if applicable)
- Assess and select HR Business Outsourcing partners (if applicable)
- Launch HR Transformation Implementation Work Streams and Projects
- Adopt and Implement a Change Management Plan (Communications, Training, Adoption)
- Project Governance and Risk Management
- Deployment and Rollout