Asset Management Capabilities Model
$699 – $1,999
The Asset Management Capabilities Model is a customizable, comprehensive, and in-depth set of business capabilities that capture the essence of what an Asset Management Company does. It will help companies gain a holistic perspective of their business at a foundational level and provide a business blueprint for many valuable purposes. The Asset Management Capabilities Model comprises ~400 capabilities across three levels.
(Note: As the Asset Management Capabilities Model is a digital deliverable, we do not accept returns or issue refunds. So, please read the product description and the terms carefully before purchasing.)
The Asset Management Capabilities Model is a set of multilevel and granular business capabilities primarily focusing on the core industry-specific value chain but also decomposes the horizontal shared services.
The Asset Management business capabilities model is a must-have tool for business architects, enterprise architects, business and technology leaders, and project teams to fathom the nuances of the industry’s core, context, and commodity capabilities.
The Strategic Imperative for Asset Management Transformation:
The asset management industry must transform to remain competitive and relevant in today’s rapidly evolving global financial landscape. Several driving factors necessitate this transformation:
- Changing investor demands: Investors increasingly seek customized and sophisticated solutions focusing on environmental, social, and governance (ESG) criteria. The industry must adapt to cater to these preferences and offer value-added services.
- Technological advancements: The proliferation of digital technologies, such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, and big data analytics, has revolutionized the investment decision-making process. As a result, asset managers must embrace these technologies to enhance efficiency, reduce costs, and improve their ability to make data-driven decisions.
- Regulatory pressures: As regulators worldwide impose stringent requirements on transparency, risk management, and reporting, asset managers must adopt technology-enabled solutions to stay compliant and competitive.
- The emergence of new competitors: Fintech companies and digital-first investment platforms challenge traditional asset management firms by offering cost-effective, user-friendly, and innovative investment solutions. The industry must be agile and evolve to keep up with these new entrants to stay relevant.
- Increasing fee pressures: In an environment where low-cost passive investment options are gaining popularity, asset managers must differentiate themselves by delivering better performance or specialized offerings to justify their fees.
- Globalization and market complexity: As global markets become more interconnected and complex, asset managers must develop the expertise to manage investments across various asset classes and geographies.
Business Capabilities are a Cornerstone for Transformation
For an Asset Manager to transform successfully, it is essential to establish a structurally strong foundation to support change and innovation over time. This is where business architecture and business capabilities come into play. Business architecture is creating a structured model, including an abstraction of its operations, functions, systems, and resources. This model can help enterprises understand how their business operates, identify inefficiencies, and develop a plan to optimize and streamline operations. In addition, by creating a clear picture of their business architecture, companies can better understand how different business units and functions interact and how changes in one business area can impact other areas.
Business capabilities encapsulate and abstract the functions, skills, and resources a company needs to execute its business strategy successfully. By defining and organizing their business capabilities, companies can identify gaps and redundancies and develop a roadmap to address them. This helps ensure the firm has the necessary resources to execute its strategy and drive innovation over time.
Business architecture and capabilities provide firms with a framework to assess and optimize their operations, reduce costs, and drive innovation. By taking a structured approach to transformation, enterprises can build a foundation capable of supporting ongoing change and adaptation and position themselves for success in a rapidly evolving industry.
(NOTE: The current product provides a comprehensive business capability model. It does not include other business architecture artifacts.)
Asset Management Capabilities Model Deliverables:
The Asset Management industry capabilities model comprises ~400 capabilities across three levels and includes the following editable artifacts:
- An Excel spreadsheet with the grouping of capabilities.
- A PowerPoint format with the top three levels presented in a nested visualization.
- A Word document with capabilities in a multilevel list format.
- Capability Definitions (at Level 3)
- Capability KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) (at Level 2)
How to Use the Asset Management Capabilities Model?
A business capabilities map is a fundamental and foundational deliverable in the business architecture continuum. The Capstera Asset Management capabilities model encapsulates end-to-end aspects of the business with a detailed, multilevel capabilities list.
There are several benefits from business capabilities, including, among others:
- Foster alignment between business and IT using capabilities as an everyday language.
- Capabilities are a structurally sound and internally coherent abstraction of business functions.
- A capability-based roadmap eliminates redundancy and replication and focuses on capability evolution
- Juxtaposing capabilities and systems/applications provide a footprint analysis and can lead to better application portfolio rationalization decisions.
The Asset Management business capabilities map decomposes components up to three levels. Created by business architects and industry domain experts, the capabilities list is detailed, in-depth, and conforms to the construct of MECE (mutually exclusive and collectively exhaustive).
Who should use the Capabilities Matrix?
The Asset Management business capabilities matrix is a generic model; hence, it is a starting point, not the final product. (Please note that a generic map covering multiple areas will not be specific to your specific company or business model; that is where our professional services can help customize and detail the capability model. Or you can modify and tailor it to your needs internally.) The primary users encompass:
- Business architects and enterprise architects.
- Leaders focused on business transformation.
- Product and program managers enabling capabilities.
Why Purchase a Business Capabilities Map?
Defining business capabilities from a blank slate takes time and effort and delays time to value. Instead, a pre-built and customizable business capability map helps provide 60-80% of capabilities allowing internal teams to focus on what is missing or unique to their companies.
And the cost is less than an inexpensive team dinner or the loaded cost of 4-5 team members brainstorming for an hour.
And far less than the deliverables consulting firms produce at over $100,000 or more, and compared to that number, the cost of our capabilities models is a fraction (a rounding error.)
Even if you already have a capability map, you could use our version to compare, validate, and potentially include missing capabilities.
A Note About the Artifacts:
- Business Capabilities Matrix: A functional area occupies one box in many business capability maps. Some may wonder why we decomposed the capabilities into 100X or more capabilities. We humbly submit that one box or entry in a one-page diagram is Wall Art, not an implementation tool. Decomposing capabilities into a nested list of granular items will help understand a capability’s depth, breadth, scope, and importance. It is also possible that some capabilities in our matrix may not be relevant to you. Similarly, we may have captured and documented some relevant and essential capabilities of your firm.
- Capability Definitions: We include capability definitions at Level 3. Please feel free to modify it to your company’s needs.
- Capability KPIs (Key Performance Indicators): We added a few KPIs for capabilities (mostly at Level 2) to get you started. You may not measure these KPIs in your company and have an entirely different set of metrics. Again, use them as a springboard, and not debate the applicability to your firm.
- We sell digital products, so there are no returns, refunds, or replacements. Therefore, please read the product description carefully before making a purchasing decision.
- A generic set of deliverables and templates may or may not fit your needs, or the content relevance will vary substantially.
- Sold on an as-is basis and without any implied or explicit warranties
- Consultants and firms wanting to use it for their clients have a different pricing model.
- The sale is for digital products only and does not include customization or implementation help.
- Please review our standard terms of service.
Asset Management Capabilities Model
$699 – $1,999
We keep the licensing options – clean and straightforward.
Individual License: Where we offer an individual license, you can use the deliverable for personal use. You pay only once for using the deliverable forever. You are entitled any new updates within 12 months.
Enterprise License: If you are representing a company, irrespective of size, and intend to use the deliverables as a part of your enterprise transformation, the enterprise license is applicable in your situation. You pay only once for using the deliverable forever. You are entitled any new updates within 12 months.
Consultancy License: A consulting or professional services or IT services company that intends to use the deliverables for their client work need to pay the consultancy license fee. You pay only once for using the deliverable forever. You are entitled any new updates within 12 months.
Can I see a Sample Deliverable?
We are sorry, but we cannot send or show sample deliverables. There are two reasons: A) The deliverables are our intellectual property, and we cannot share the same. B) While you may be a genuine buyer, our experience in the past has not been great with too many browsers and not many buyers. We believe the depth of the information in the product description and the snippets we provide are sufficient to understand the scope and quality of our products.
When can I access my deliverables?
We process each transaction manually and hence, processing a deliverable may take anywhere from a few minutes to up to a day. The reason is to ensure appropriate licensing and also validating the deliverables.
Where can I access my deliverables?
Your best bet is to log in to the portal and download the products from the included links. The links do not expire.
Are there any restrictions on Downloads?
Yes. You can only download the products three times. We believe that is sufficient for any genuine usage situation. Of course, once you download, you can save electronic copies to your computer or a cloud drive.
Can I share or sell the deliverables with anyone?
You can share the deliverables within a company for proper use. You cannot share the deliverables outside your company. Selling or giving away free is prohibited, as well.
Can we talk to you on the phone?
Not generally. Compared to our professional services fee, the price of our products is a fraction of what we charge for custom work. Hence, our business model does not support pre-sales support.
Do you offer orientation or support to understand and use your deliverables?
Yes, for a separate fee. You can hire our consultants for remote help and in some cases for onsite assistance. Please Contact Us.